Robots vs Apes

Greg Smith

Mongoose
We played three games in the week.

My Robots vs Da Boss's apes

My Robots:
Hero servo droid, with spit gun and armour 6.
Servo with spit pistol
Combat droid with missile launcher & spit pistol
2 scraps with spit pistols
2 dogs

Apes:
Gorilla hero with katana and spit pistol
gorilla with cleaver
Orang utang hero with long rifle
3 apes with spit pistols or hand guns
1 medi-ape

Game 1 was a head to head fight. The Gorilla with a katana was very, very nasty. Ultimately it came down to the combat droid vs the orang utang. A figure with +3 agility in cover is damn hard to kill. Almost as hard as a robot with 7+ armour in cover.

Robots v Apes1.jpg

The second game was the Mall. While the combat droid was at the mall shopping for new treads, an orang utang decided to insult it. Then there was shooting and carnage.

Robots vs Apes2.jpg

"Oi Rusty!"

Robots vs Apes3.jpg

While the robodogs kept the apes at bay, the robots evacuated the mall, killing a pair of gorillas on the way. The orang utang was left alone in his tower, wondering what had happened to his freinds.

The thrird game was Demolition.

While walter the Wobot wobbled acwoss the boawd, to bwow up the towew, the apes wolled so badly that the wobodogs made mincemeat (or apemeat) of the ape gang. Unimpeded, the wobots blew up the tower very quickly.

--------------

It was interesting to play some different scenarios. The Mall was loads of fun. I'm not sure how easy it would be for the defender to save the objective in the Demolition scenario.

Good fun - although in the last game I could not roll anything higher than 6!

Intersting scenarios and good learning experience

Looking forward to the Demarcos butler :)

Back