Road Of Kings, any info

I must ask that the nit-pickers forgive me that nit. "The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian" didn't come to me until I was nearly done with the book, and the Ace/Lancer editions of Phoenix on the Sword (page 182 of "Conan the Usurper"), as well as the version in Millennium's The Conan Chronicles volume 2: the Hour of the Dragon, spelled it Thoth-Amon (page 303), so that was the spelling I used.

The thought of checking the spelling of Thoth-amon didn't occur to me when I finally did get the more accurate book, unfortunately, as it never occured to me the other source material would have changed the spelling. The source material I had at hand when I wrote that chapter spelled it in the manner I spelled it. Seriously though, a capital A or a small a... does that substantively change the material one way or the other?

Forgiven. No, of course it's not important, it's just a little reminder of the de Campized Conan the RPG otherwise avoids.

VincentDarlage said:
I must ask that the nit-pickers forgive me that nit. "The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian" didn't come to me until I was nearly done with the book, and the Ace/Lancer editions of Phoenix on the Sword (page 182 of "Conan the Usurper"), as well as the version in Millennium's The Conan Chronicles volume 2: the Hour of the Dragon, spelled it Thoth-Amon (page 303), so that was the spelling I used.

The thought of checking the spelling of Thoth-amon didn't occur to me when I finally did get the more accurate book, unfortunately, as it never occured to me the other source material would have changed the spelling. The source material I had at hand when I wrote that chapter spelled it in the manner I spelled it. Seriously though, a capital A or a small a... does that substantively change the material one way or the other?

Arrhh, take VD out back for a beating for his transgression maties!

Thoth-amon is probably actually spelled in some heiroglyphic language, so upon conversion to English letters anything goes, like, for example there must be 87 ways to spell Qaddafi.

Belkregos said:
ok, still waiting,
when can i buy the book?

Look for it to hit your local game store the first or second week of June. That has been the trend.

I realize that not everyone has seen or may care but what does everyone think of the stats for King Conan that has been made available for free download?

To reiterate everyone else, I am also eagerly anticipating Road of Kings. However, I will probably start my campaign before I get a copy. So, if there are any contradictions, they'll have to be...creatively addressed/corrected :wink:

Back