RIP Andrew Boulton

The e-mail to Marc states he suffered from "muscular atrophy". In addition it looks like he was on his Facebook page on the day he died. Thus, it suggests he suffered some sort of heart attack. Very sad, but probably quick. Who will fill his shoes?

Andrew has been suffering from various chronic illnesses the entire time I knew him through the internet (since around 2005 or so) and, to my knowledge, for some considerable time before that. We didn't see eye-to-eye on some things, but we collaborated on some great projects over the years. The Traveller community has lost an influential member, and many of us have lost a friend even if we only knew him through the internet. :(

Thanks for letting us know. I had to dig up my old CoTI account details to log on to their site to offer my condolences. I've heard the name "Andrew Boulton" in connection with Traveller for so long.

August was a bad month. Huge mortality, notable figures dying everywhere. Harry Harrison, Joe Kubert, Tony Scott, William Windom, Neil Armstrong (and it looks like September's taking up the slack already, with the passing of Michael Clarke Duncan). Among all those passing away, we lost one of our own. The Traveller rpg community is much diminished.

Rest in peace Andrew.

Who else (other then Andrew) was involved with making the Traveller calendars? It would be nice for these to continue and at least a portion of the proceeds to go to Andrew's family somehow.

In case anyone has missed them, some of Andrew's many incredible Traveller-related achievements were videos he made as well as the being the mind behind the Traveller calendar. They can be found on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/aboulton/videos and http://www.traveller3d.com/calendar/index.htm respectively.

His website is also at http://www.traveller3d.com/

He will be sorely missed.

Sturn said:
Rest in peace Andrew.
Who else (other then Andrew) was involved with making the Traveller calendars? It would be nice for these to continue and at least a portion of the proceeds to go to Andrew's family somehow.
I have suggested elsewhere that we do a Andrew Boulton memorial calendar for this year. Maybe it could just feature his work - there is certainly enough of it. Profits could go to either his family or a relevant charity to do with his illness.

Airlock14 said:
Sturn said:
Rest in peace Andrew.
I have suggested elsewhere that we do a Andrew Boulton memorial calendar for this year. Maybe it could just feature his work - there is certainly enough of it. Profits could go to either his family or a relevant charity to do with his illness.

Aye very sad and we were born the same year.

I've contacted the rest of the gang involved in last years calender. I had two pieces on it and felt priviliged to be part of it.

Really liked Andrew Boulton's videos on YouTube about Traveller RPG, he was very talented. Very sorry to hear that he has died. RIP a great Traveller fan.

Back