Which of the two lasers would you use?

• Scythe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bugbrom

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cephme

Mongoose
We have a 400pt each mega battle scheduled for Sunday and I was thinking of bringing a list that included a reliant tower due to the possibility of lots of bugs and the desire to try out some of the structure rules.

1) Does anyone have a suggestion for a model to use to represent the tower? I was thinking the cardboard thing that comes in the box with a Russ or predator turret sitting on top.

2) Which of the two lasers would you take. I am leaning toward the scythe.

LMK.

No it is 400 points for each person. Everyone plays on the same table. Lists do not have to be legal for individuals, but do for the force as a whole.

As such I am planning on taking a scythe reliant and two NCO with plasmas and frag grenades each. This will fulfill a lot of our TOand E so the others can take squads.

IF the bugs take hoppers or even plasmas some how, I might go with slingshot GS instead (want to at least give them a chance to attack me... with out those flying a Slingshot around is just not fun for anyone). Either way I am planning on taking the support role for our battle. I am not too sure how many folks will be attending, but I expect 5 per side at least.

Sounds good.It depends on what you want a Bugbroom will take out lots of Warriors whereas a Scythe will take out heavily armoured targets.

I expect HORDES of warriors. I know at least one person who is threatening bringing 20 odd warriors. So ya thing the broom is better to sweep away the horde? I was not sure a D10+3 is very tempting. It even give you a CHANCE at blasing a tunneling marker while it is still underground.

If there are 5 ppl on your team, I'm sure someone will have the firepower to take out tunnelers. The bugbroom would be a great help in my opinion. Or just get rid of one NCO and get a scythe and a bugbroom! And you do need some crew you know
:twisted:

Yeah that was the intent. The two NCO's can:
1) Have NCO A Man the gun while NCO B Places his plasma charge on the nearest Tunnel entrance
2) Swap so NCO A places his charge on another.
3) NCO A an B become the gun crew until the positon is over run.
4) Blow their charges when the bugs reach the tunnel opening.
5) Keep shooting the Bugbroom until the tower is about to fall
6) Peal off and take command of squads that have lost their sarges

That is the battle plan for my 400 points.

OR of course, if their are hoppers or plasmas, just bomb the snot out of the table with a Slingshot Ground Support. Can evac guys and or become an ammo dump after turn 3 (when the Firestorms have been expended).

cephme said:
Yeah that was the intent. The two NCO's can:
1) Have NCO A Man the gun while NCO B Places his plasma charge on the nearest Tunnel entrance
2) Swap so NCO A places his charge on another.
3) NCO A an B become the gun crew until the positon is over run.
4) Blow their charges when the bugs reach the tunnel opening.
5) Keep shooting the Bugbroom until the tower is about to fall
6) Peal off and take command of squads that have lost their sarges

That is the battle plan for my 400 points.

OR of course, if their are hoppers or plasmas, just bomb the snot out of the table with a Slingshot Ground Support. Can evac guys and or become an ammo dump after turn 3 (when the Firestorms have been expended).

that sounds like a good strategy, what will you use for a slingshot? Just a template, or have you found a good model?

as for a model, you cna try this:

The Corps (a cheap GI Joe knockoff) has a rubber special forces boat, it has this uber sweet turret on the front, its like the turrets from the whiskey outpost scene, except like Rober Downy JR. (on crack), and the whole thing is $5 USD :D

Since they are ready weapons do I really need a crew of 2? They are only going to get one shot a turn anyway. Might as well have one sarge mobile and the other glued to the gun.

Remember you can only use the emplacements if using the Defend Tactic (for the entire force).

A more
Squad: Sgt + 4 troopers 220 pts
Reliant platform w/ Javelin 90 pts
Reliant platform w/ Javelin 90 pts
total 400pts

The Javelin becomes a crew weapon on a reliant platform
this means when manned by two troopers it may fire in both actions and during reactions, reverting to pack if only one trooper present

They can be fired indirectly (requires a ready action) at 30-60" doing 3xD6 against any model w/in 2" of the hit. Since they scatter on indirect the two Blasts will probably not overlap so a better chance of hitting massed bugs.

Fired directly they each do 2x3xD6 in a 6" fire zone

You also have the option of HEAT rounds which are D10 accurate and piercing/2

While either Laser weapon has the potential of doing more damage to closely packed bugs you need to herd them into your fire arc.

By using a squad instead of two NCOs you get the advantage of Crew weapons and can still place them up to 12" apart if you have some place safe for the Sgt. At 6" apart he can take the place of a crew member if needed.

Another option would be a squad and three Reliant platforms with the twin .50

--
Lane

Back