Pegasus Large Gothic Bldg.

BuShips

Cosmic Mongoose
For those that have picked up the Pegasus #4923 Gothic building (sugg. ret. $29.99 US) but wondered what to do for a roof, here is what I came up with.

Last year I bought this kit, but have been thinking on and off of how best to place a "lid" on it. The other day I just grabbed the model and decided to do something finally about that issue. :wink:

I first placed the kit's plastic support arcs into the wall pieces that can be used to hold up a second level. Some gamers are dropping in a cut piece of plasticard, for example. Then I made up a staircase using LEGO bricks and put it into the corner of the kit that has a solid wall piece (without windows). Using wooden coffee stir sticks I made up two sections of safety railings and glued them onto a fitted piece of foam-core that I had glued a printed floor pattern onto.

With the second floor piece done, I used some corrugated cardboard from a box (as an experiment) and using a craft glue gun made up a sloping roof section. For added strength I glued a section of foam-core to the sloped roof section and then trimmed the outside edge with more wooden stir sticks.

To make a steeple/bell tower I stacked two paper mache boxes bought at a craft store, one of them being a "bird house" shape. I cut arches in the bell tower which btw removed the "bird hole" from one of the box sides. By gluing that top piece onto the lower box's lid it allows access for a model (sniper?) that is climbing from the roof access hatch up to the top of the steeple. As a bit of roof trim I glued some craft wood dowel pieces on the roof corners. Total cost of this roof was under $5.00.

I think that it does a reasonable job of filling the lack of a roof section for the kit, which is probably its only criticism. While not usable necessarily on a MEA-themed tabletop, the structure will fit in fine for my Europe and North American battle locales. Of course one could argue that there are Christians in the Middle East and go ahead and toss this onto a board that has a mosque at the other end of the table. :wink:

I've also picked up the Gothic ruin wall pieces so that I can represent the structure if it becomes a game casualty.

081753846914.jpg

CHURCH_1.jpg

CHURCH_2.jpg

CHURCH_3.jpg

CHURCH_4.jpg

CHURCH_5.jpg

The Old Soldier said:
That is very nice work there BuShip. I really like it.

You mean that the "shooter" in you likes it :wink:. It's a nice side effect of placing a roof on the structure. Earplugs better be part of the sniper kit if someone yanks on the bell rope. :lol: You can see a crease in the corrigated roof slope but I never said it was a spanking new church after all, heh. I'm probably going to get some crosses for it, since my Pegasus "city building" is now a proper church. Now what was that famous saying from Pearl Harbor in WW2?

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition." :wink:

I think that it works for this structure quite nicely. :twisted:

Paladin said:
This has just been placed back on my wish list. Nicely done.

Thanks Paladin. I'll drop the pics over onto your corner of the net, although most of your members are here too. The way that these threads seem to spin off into other discussions sometimes might offer other benefits to the duplication. :wink:

DM said:
That could really do with a 28mm Kate Beckinsale miniature in it to finish it off :D

Sounds like you're in need of shore leave, sailor :lol:.
Hmm, I wonder if Hasslefree makes one? :wink:

Very nice, very nice indeed.

Are you going to go a step further and put some pews and an Altar and stuff inside it?

cordas said:
Very nice, very nice indeed.

Are you going to go a step further and put some pews and an Altar and stuff inside it?

No, as the movement rules (1/2 of normal) are enough for me so I like to keep the interior mostly clear of obstructions.

Rob, I know what you mean and I will eventually work them over a bit. I'm also going to install some crosses on the tower to give the MEA something to shoot at. When the USMC sniper hears the bullets plinking off of the crosses he can see the direction where his targets are. :wink:

BuShips said:
DM said:
That could really do with a 28mm Kate Beckinsale miniature in it to finish it off :D

Here ya go, BuShips:
a015dionne.jpg

Here's the link: http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=695

Sgt. Brassones said:
BuShips said:
DM said:

Here ya go, BuShips:

Color scheme: A black outfit and silver guns with maybe red hair. :wink:
She'd be a distraction for my sniper though. They'd be talking shop in the bell tower. :lol:

BuShips said:
Sgt. Brassones said:
BuShips said:

Here ya go, BuShips:

Color scheme: A black outfit and silver guns with maybe red hair. :wink:
She'd be a distraction for my sniper though. They'd be talking shop in the bell tower. :lol:

Would she get a special rule for being able to shoot her way through the floor?

cordas said:
Would she get a special rule for being able to shoot her way through the floor?

Only if she was made to roll for the chance to get dizzy when she made the attempt. :wink:

Here is a shot that has it on a section of my urban board with Pegasus stone walls, sandbags and some MGP BF:E models for a scale comparison.

GOTHIC_DEFENSE.jpg

mallymoocow said:
looks wicked and how practical is that!

I plan to use my urban board for Starship Troopers as well. In the television series the Bugs came to Earth after all. :wink:

OK, let me introduce you to Pegasus kit #4930, Gothic City Ruins I. SRP is $19.99.

A member over at EvoCommand.com thought that I might want to add some damage to my building, so I ambushed him with this photo. Am I bad or am I bad? :twisted: Next, I'll try to steal Mr. Evil's username, Muahahaha!

RUINS_4930_A.jpg

Back