Release schedule

Hionhurn

Mongoose
Hi,

This hasn't been amended for a while, can it be brought upto date with more realistic release dates?

I'm sure there are others like me who are eagerly awaiting releases who just want to know when they will be available.

Regards,
Hionhurn

Hi Matthew,

Thanks your response :)

Very, very interested in 2300AD material and as well MGT, JD & SD if there are any new offerings coming along relating to these settings?

Regards,
Steven

Hmmmm, yeah, maybe NOBLE ARMADA releases?!?! Seriously, is this the big joke at Mongoose - how long you can put off customers and delay releases before finally admitting that you are abandoning the project? If you are not abandoning NA, then there is no excuse for the delays that have plagued the release schedule...

Rob

Sawbones12 said:
Hmmmm, yeah, maybe NOBLE ARMADA releases?!?! Seriously, is this the big joke at Mongoose - how long you can put off customers and delay releases before finally admitting that you are abandoning the project? If you are not abandoning NA, then there is no excuse for the delays that have plagued the release schedule...

Rob

Delays can happen for any number of reasons. From when it's still with the author clear through to print. There's been a number of notable delays in the Traveller line for example, but hasn't been abandonded.

Sawbones12 said:
If you are not abandoning NA, then there is no excuse for the delays that have plagued the release schedule...

Rob

Well. If they have hit roadblock with rapid type printer(which mind you is not Mongoose's in-house from what I have gathered so they have little control over there...) not much you can do. Well okay guess you COULD release just the book but rules without miniatures aren't that useful(and you have plenty of the rules from there available already).

My 2 pennies worth to be considered or ignored as you will ...

If there are undue delays on a recurring basis for the hardcopy versions then I think it would be more than acceptable to have PDF versions released first.

- This will help keep the fan base happy to a certain extent.
- Revenue will flow in for the system, which could help the hardcopy production.

FYI - Nearly a 3rd of my local club use PDF's on laptops, tablets etc to run games from and the rest are mostly like me in that they currently buy both versions hardcopy and electronic of the systems we are keen on, and more members are moving this way as monies allow as they see the benefits of not having to drag great box crates of rules around with them.

Regards,
Steven

Hionhurn said:
My 2 pennies worth to be considered or ignored as you will ...

If there are undue delays on a recurring basis for the hardcopy versions then I think it would be more than acceptable to have PDF versions released first.

They did this with a recent Traveller release, due to delays with the printed version they released the PDF first.

I would like to see this updated with future releases of new Legend material. I just bought Skaar so incredibly keen to see what I can expect in the future for the Legend line.

Hionhurn said:
Very, very interested in 2300AD material and as well MGT, JD & SD if there are any new offerings coming along relating to these settings?

Indeed!

The text for French Arm Adventures is in, and is in the editing queue, and Tools for Frontier Life is fast on its tail. I believe Colin has already started work on the main French Arm book and, of course, we have had two mini releases for 2300AD on Drivethru!

Sawbones12 said:
Rob

There are - really, there are a thousand things that can delay a project and not all of them are within our control. However... this thread has given me an idea. Check out the A Call to Arms forum, I'll be there in a minute with a question for all NA fans!

warlock1971 said:
I would like to see this updated with future releases of new Legend material. I just bought Skaar so incredibly keen to see what I can expect in the future for the Legend line.

The Legend line is one area of the schedule I am looking at right now! However, the new Elric book, Secrets of the Steppes has just had its manuscript handed in, and Historia Rodentia is about to go to print. Oh, and look out for Pirates of Legend on Drivethru, probably this week!

msprange said:
warlock1971 said:

The Legend line is one area of the schedule I am looking at right now! However, the new Elric book, Secrets of the Steppes has just had its manuscript handed in, and Historia Rodentia is about to go to print. Oh, and look out for Pirates of Legend on Drivethru, probably this week!

Keen on the Pirates book Matthew, thanks for the "Heads UP"!

Back