Red Sonja; She-Devil with a Sword.....

This is where flesh is more efficent that iron & steel.

Moreover did you ever consider the tremendous efforts she has to provide to carry these 20g of clothes?

Don't forget the new Red Sonja (or likely some reprints too).

Added these to my collection for my favorite red head.

http://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/c-Red_Sonja.html

My pleasure, am enjoying the comic, so I might try getting some of the other items mentioned, liked one of the lithos, and the original Red Sonja TPB reprints would be nice to get.

I have a few of the Conan TPB reprints which I've enjoyed, intending to get the rest.

I just got Red Sonja on DVD to go with my Conan DVDs...heh.. now I got both VHS and DVD copies.

Neeklus said:
Any idea if Mongoose are gonna do an book featuring her for the rpg?

She's a different license I believe so Mongoose would have to buy the rights to her too. Considering her popularity right now I'd think that'd be a little pricey....but I have no idea what Mongoose's finicial picture look like, so who knows?

Nuts. Oh well, atleast it isn't the case of the Eternal Champion series (which pretty much needs Elric) - we can survive without her.

Raven Blackwell said:
No wonder she wears that thing. Enemy males can hardly concentrate on their swordplay if they're drooling and oogling can they? 8)

That's the excuse they came up with in the new comic as to why she dresses like that too :)

In realisty, it's because the owners of Red Sonja insisted she wear that costume only, one of the writers said as much on another forum.

I'll never understand the popularity of this metal-bikini chick. To me she just looks silly. But maybe I have a problem with the concept of a warrior-woman.

And to stop your suspicions: No, I'm not gay :wink:

Even in the 21th century, showing naked parts of a woman is still a good commercial incentive.
If there were not the actual moral she would probably go bare-breast.

spawn said:
I don't think it's any stupider than Conan running into battle in just a pair of furry underpants :)

Yet Big John Buscema made it look like it made perfect sense. To the credit of Mel Rubi he has also made the Sonja comic feel like it could be real - it doesn't come off as too cheesy - the writing in the Sonja comic however is unoriginal and lacks the punch of Busiek or Thomas, IMO.

I imagine most amazonians would be naked, or next to naked. Chain mail does seem a bit...silly as I'm sure any who has worn it before will attest to the fact that wearing chain without anything underneath (especially in the nipple area :shock: ) is very painful.

Strom said:
spawn said:
I don't think it's any stupider than Conan running into battle in just a pair of furry underpants :)

Yet Big John Buscema made it look like it made perfect sense. To the credit of Mel Rubi he has also made the Sonja comic feel like it could be real - it doesn't come off as too cheesy - the writing in the Sonja comic however is unoriginal and lacks the punch of Busiek or Thomas, IMO.

I know what you mean, but as silly as I think the Red Sonja outfit would be for living and fighting in, I always wonder why people always say that about Red Sonja and never about Conan, who walks around in scorching deserts with only underpants and boots on :)

It's no underpants but (silken) loincloth.
As to Red Sonja, she is from Turan and I don't think this kingdom is only composed of desert.

The King said:
It's no underpants but (silken) loincloth.
As to Red Sonja, she is from Turan and I don't think this kingdom is only composed of desert.

Surely Conan would not be seen dead in a silk loincloth, it would be leather or fur (fur for the winter in Cimmeria of course).

As for Sonja, she is is not Turanian, she is Hyrkanian, you are on the wrong side of the Vilayet Sea. This would make her a steppe nomad (like Subotai in the first Conan movie). So I never could understand how a hyrkanian had red hair, being as they are basically mongols.

rigante said:
So I never could understand how a hyrkanian had red hair, being as they are basically mongols.

I was wondering the same thing. I don't think I've ever heard of a RL redheaded Mongol, Tartar, Turk, etc.

Back