Red Sonja; She-Devil with a Sword.....

Understanding the complexities with licenses it sounds like Mongoose will not be publishing anything covering everone's favorite red-haired NPC. If you want to get her in your games, here is a good link to get you started. Still needs some conversion work but it is the best I have found. Anyone else have any Conan stats for Red?

http://enworld.org/Inzeladun/conan/redsonja/sonja.htm

HLD

VincentDarlage said:
I do, but I guess I don't count as "anyone else" since I am the one who wrote the referenced d20 stats also.

It is an honor and a priveledge (slight bow)....

Any chance of converting these over to the Conan RPG stats? Would be greatly, greatly, appreciated.

HLD

A "slight bow" isn't enough. Here's how it's done:

"Oh, Master Darlage, Keeper of the Innermost Secrets of Hyboria, Lord of all Arcane and Eldritch Lore! Hearken unto our most humble words!" [prostrating fully upon the floor at His feet] "Grant us this single boon, O Wise One!" :wink: :D

Yogah of Yag said:
A "slight bow" isn't enough. Here's how it's done:

"Oh, Master Darlage, Keeper of the Innermost Secrets of Hyboria, Lord of all Arcane and Eldritch Lore! Hearken unto our most humble words!" [prostrating fully upon the floor at His feet] "Grant us this single boon, O Wise One!" :wink: :D

Now that is some kowtowing:)

"O Wise One, Partaker of the Blessed Mead of Knowledge, Sitting at the Table of Hallowed Skalds, Scops, Bards, and Filidh, hear me! We beseech thee for but a crumb of lore from thy bounteous board! [trembling hands now clasped together in earnest supplication] Brother of Ogma, Friend of Eadon, Bedfellow of Buxom Brigit, impart to us the ripe fruits of thine own intellect!"

I am presuming the goddess who transformed her changed her character class from commoner to nomad (or barbarian or soldier - I went with nomad because she is Hyrkanian). Here she is in her first comic book appearance, with the chain shirt and hot pants:

Red Sonja, Sword for Hire
(Circa "The Shadow of the Vulture", "The Song of Red Sonja" and "Red Sonja"
[Conan the Barbarian 23 & 24 and Savage Sword of Conan #1])

Medium Humanoid (Hyrkanian Nomad 5)
Hit Dice: 5d10+10 (42 hp)
Initiative: +10 (+4 Dex, +4 Reflex save, +2 Lightning Reflexes)
Speed: 30 ft.
Dodge Defence: 18 (+2 level, +4 Dex, +2 favoured terrain)
Parry Defence: 15 (+2 level, +3 Str)
DR: 5 (+5 mail shirt)
Base Attack Bonus/Grapple: +5/+8
Attack: Broadsword +9 melee
Full Attack: Broadsword +9 melee
Damage: Broadsword 1d10+3/ 19-20 x2/ AP 6
Special Attacks: Nomad Charge +1
Special Qualities: Favoured terrain +2, born to the saddle
Space/Reach: 5 ft. (1)/5 ft. (1)
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +10, Will +5 (+8 vs. Corruption)
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 19, Con 15, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 15
Skills: Balance +6, Craft (bowyer) +4, Craft (cook) +6, Craft (seamstress) +6, Craft (herbalism) +6, Handle Animal +4, Listen +7, Heal +5, Perform (dance) +4, Ride +12, Search +4, Spot +7, Survival +9
Feats: Combat Reflexes, Endurance, Lightning Reflexes, Mobility, Mounted Combat, Track, Weapon Focus (Broadsword), Web of Death
Leadership:
Code of Honour: Barbaric
Allegiances: None
Possessions: Broadsword, mail shirt, belt, hot pants, boots, horse

Here she is in her classic chainmail bikini look:

Red Sonja, Fugitive in Darkwood
(Circa "Episode", "Red Sonja, She-Devil with a Sword", "The Temple of Abomination," and "The Day of the Sword")

Medium Humanoid (Hyrkanian Nomad 8)
Hit Dice: 8d10+24 (72 hp)
Initiative: +13 (+5 Dex, +6 Reflex save, +2 Lightning Reflexes)
Speed: 30 ft.
Dodge Defence: 22 (+4 level, +5 Dex, +3 favoured terrain)
Parry Defence: 17 (+4 level, +3 Str)
DR:
Base Attack Bonus/Grapple: +8/+11
Attack: Broadsword +12 melee
Full Attack: Broadsword +12/+7 melee
Damage: Broadsword 1d10+3/ 19-20 x2/ AP 6
Special Attacks: Nomad Charge +1
Special Qualities: Favoured terrain +3, born to the saddle
Space/Reach: 5 ft. (1)/5 ft. (1)
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +13, Will +7 (+10 vs. Corruption)
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 21, Con 16, Int 15, Wis 14, Cha 16
Skills: Balance +10, Craft (bowyer) +4, Craft (cook) +6, Craft (seamstress) +6, Craft (herbalism) +6, Gather Information +5, Handle Animal +5, Listen +11, Heal +6, Perform (dance) +5, Ride +16, Search +6, Spot +11, Survival +13
Feats: Combat Reflexes, Die Hard, Endurance, Lightning Reflexes, Mobility, Mounted Combat, Ride-by Attack, Track, Weapon Focus (Broadsword), Web of Death
Leadership:
Code of Honour: Barbaric
Allegiances: None
Possessions: Broadsword, mail bikini (no armour), belt, boots, horse

No armour? :oops: :twisted:

BTW, this wednesday november 30 it's gonna be released Red Sonja She Devil with a sword Vol 1 TP, in this first volume they reprint the comics from the 80's.

Back