Recasters ahoy!

WTF??????

I just sent Poi a personal message on this issue, and I'm not happy with what he's trying to say.

I bought those models when they first came out from Mongoose, and they've been sitting around for a while. I sent him the models in good faith on a trade we did, and he had them for a week before he even sent me mine. If he wasn't happy with the amount of flash on them, he should have just sent them back instead of shouting rubbish on this forum that I'm recasting (!).

For the record, I have never recast anything - don't know how, can't be bothered trying - and I think the clear message here is - don't trade with Poi - he's a bit of a moaner.

Poi said:
I suppose it was inevitable with the end of model production, but there are folks out there who are making moulds from Mogoose product and trading them on.

I know this because TenaciousB caught me out when I swapped 3 Rohrics for 3 Targraths. It is so obvious when you see the Targraths he sent me. They have a third mounting hole, off-centre, clearly drilled on the master used, and then replicated on these shockingly poor casts.

Yes folks, worse than anythging Mongoose have ever sent me. Flash so large it looks like a tumour sticking out both sides of the engine pod.

I don't know if TeanciousB is the recaster, and to be honest I don't care.

Caveat emptor!

I won't be swapping anything without seeing it in future.

Obviously you are a n00b when it comes to ACTA miniatures, which are reknown for their copious amounts of flash. Sharlins, and EA ships being a good example.

Yes my comments are inflammatory, but so is the OP. Speak to TB first, and see what he has to say. I have known the guy for about 2 years, and have met the chap a few times (Q Con). He's a honourable, honest, and law abiding fellow. I'm quite shocked, at this accusation!

Those particular problems I've had with MGP models themselves. I guess I better watch out as MGP must be a bunch of recasters...

If I was immature, I would tell you what to do with your camera cable, but I won't.

You've come onto this board and decided to have it out with me, and although you didn't say it, you have called me a thief in all but name.

I don't really care what you think about the models I sent you. We made a deal in good faith, and like I already stated, you had the models a good week before I received mine. If you weren't happy with them, you could have sent them back, but no. You decided to come on here, and tell everyone a good yarn about me and the models I was trading. This says a hell of a lot more about you than it does me.

Harsh I wonder how long till the re-casts hit ebay

Pointed some out to you last weekend, a Drakh carrier labled as a recast.

As for this post I have some pi** poor casts as do some of my friends so I'd be careful about throwing accusations about on here. I'm still filing the kack off a couple of G'Quons as it is, the only good point is that by the time I get em finished the G'Quon will have some revised rules & be worth fielding :?:

Poi said:
Try reading my post.

I never said you were the recaster.

And I never called you a thief either.

These are so blantantly recasts its untrue. When I find my camera cable I'll post pics.

Stop squirming maggot, your post is titled "Recasters Ahoy", you implied TB was a recaster. Which in itself, is theft!

Common sense prevails at last.

Get the facts before throwing accusations and names around in future. If you were that unhappy with the minis, you had my details, so you could've just sent them back - you had a week long opportunity to do so. You just decided to send me a PM, calling my stuff rubbish, then publically called me a "pirate" - you didn't hide it too well.

Anyhoo, I'm still looking for Rohrics and Kahtriks - if people don't trust my minis, that's fine - they're directly from Mongoose, so they'd be the same quality you would normally expect, but you don't have to take my word for it. I'm happy to pay cash as well.

Yeah man it must have taken me around 40 hours to sort out a Psi Corp box set and EA 3rd age because of casting / mold lines they can be soul sucking, spending so much time on a single ship.

Hey man, all I gotta say is how much flash I had to clean off my Nemesis, and that came in a box from Mongoose. Flash so bad on the engine block that I said screw it after a few hours and painted it to match the Shadow bits on the ship. Plucked a few chunks of the silicone mold out of that ship too.

I shall not speak of my Sharlins.

Simply put, the molds for the ships are pretty degraded after the heavy use they've seen. Some of them date back to the AoG line, like the engine block and underbelly of the Warlock/Nemesis. I had no problem with a Marathon, which is a much later model in the line, in terms of casting problems.

Basically, the high demand for the minis (B5 minis were a pretty big seller as I understand) means more models produced, which means the molds (which are probably some kind of silicone rubber based on the chunks I found in my Nemesis) degrade faster, which leads to casting problems such as flash.

Besides, any confident modeler shrugs at such problems and just fixes them in creative ways instead of whining about them.

Darzoni said:
Besides, any confident modeler shrugs at such problems and just fixes them in creative ways instead of whining about them.
Nah. We whine about such problems and then fix them in various ways anyway.

neko said:
Darzoni said:
Nah. We whine about such problems and then fix them in various ways anyway.

lol I totally agree. It becomes a challenge and I mean how long would it take to send back and then get a replacement at the rate it's taking to get my order I'd consider sculpting it.

Back