Re: The Spider God's Bride - Re-write DONE, FINISHED!

City Guard of Ghazor anyone?

City Guard of Ghazor
Male Susrahnite

Value 1D20 Hit Location AP/HP
STR 14 1-3 Right Leg -/4
CON 12 4-6 Left Leg -/4
SIZ 8 7-9 Abdomen 2/5
INT 10 10-12 Chest 2/6
POW 9 13-15 Right Arm 2/3
DEX 12 16-18 Left Arm 2/3
CHA 10 19-20 Head 2/4

Combat Actions 2 Armour: Studded Leather and leather helm. -2 Armour Penalty.

Damage Modifier +0
Magic Points 9 Traits: None
Movement 8m
Strike Rank +11 (+9 when armoured) Common Skills: Athletics 61%, Brawn 57%, Culture (Own) 80%, Dance 22%, Drive 21%, Evade 69%, Evaluate 40%, First Aid 22%, Influence 40%, Insight 35%, Lore (Regional) 70%, Perception 49%, Persistence 48%, Resilience 59%, Ride 41%, Sing 20%, Sleight 22%, Stealth 22%, Swim 26%, Unarmed 36%

Advanced Skills: Courtesy 35%, Language (Native) 80%, Lore (Tactics) 60%, Streetwise 59%

Weapons
Type Range Size Reach Damage AP/HP
Halberd - L VL 1D8+2 Entangle, Impale, Sunder 4/10
Susrahnite bow 165m H - 1D8+1 Impale 4/8
Combat Styles
Ghazor City Guard (Halberd, Susrahnite Longbow, Mancatcher, 1-H Sword): 61%
Possessions: Studded leather, halberd, Susrahnite longbow, 20 arrows.
Description: The city guards are dressed in distinctive blue guard uniforms.
Tactics: The guards control crowds using their Halberds and attempt to keep them under control. They use Entangle first and if there are any heavily armed foes, they’ll use Sunder and focus on those first. They work as a team to try and bring the situation under control but they don’t risk their lives against overwhelming odds.

Yeah. That bit isn't there now, I forgot to update the forum text to the edited text yesterday. So here am in on my working version of the 10th Adventure looking at this:

Tactics: The guards control crowds using their Halberds and attempt to keep them under control. They use Entangle first and if there are any heavily armed foes, they’ll use Sunder and focus on those first. They work as a team to try and bring the situation under control but they don’t risk their lives against overwhelming odds.

And you're all looking at the previous :)

I'll be buying the PDF now. Thank you Darren for your work on this and for sharing the re-development process in such an open manner. Truly, a breath of fresh of air.

Thanks for the support. I've been put onto various Legend projects including Spider God's Bride 2. As for the updated PDF, the book is going back into layout and it'll be done from scratch so that as many errors/mistakes in the layout are corrected as well.

This includes the missing NPC descriptions/possessions/tactics entries.

I'll endeavour to keep you up to date as soon as I know what progress Mongoose has made with the PDF. Bear in mind they only got the updated files from me today, after I had gone through and checked them again just to make a few minor edits.

Now with SGB2 there are some new cultures, they're actually variants on Civilised and I have given them a few bonuses here and there to bring them into a Xoth flavour.

I'm about 80% done on SGB 2 to be honest since I was working on that before I got to re-write SGB. I would probably go back and redo some of the NPCs for 2 now though since I have learned a good few things about d20>Legend conversion during this book.

Darren

Instead of "Spider God's Bride 2", why not call it "Spawn of the Spider God" or something similarly cheesy :lol:

Also, would you consider writing up something general about your experiences converting from d20 to Legend - I'm curious to see how your methods have evolved and what pitfalls you have discovered along the way.

Back