Question about the Fiery Trail and Into the Crucible

Diafanus

Mongoose
So has the campaign arc that was started by these two campaign books been dropped, or can we expect more from them? I was running them as a second, but not less important story arc for my main story arc, and was hoping to see it continued.

Is nt 2nd Edition supposed to be timeline neutral?

I believe that Fiery Trail & Crucible are both set in Season1, with Cold Equations/Ragged Edge set in Season2. Neo has already responded in a previous thread that you would be able to run Cold Equations/Ragged Edge with exisiting characters by simply bumping up the character levels of NPC's.

Or did you mean would Mongoose release yet more supplements in Season1?

I would imagine that they would try & keep them going eventually but that initially we would see more scenarios following on from Cold Equations/Ragged Edge.

I await a more informed view with interest.

Cheers

James

Well... I for one certainly hope for more supplements like TFT and ITC!
They were both rather excellent (not only giving a few nice adventures tied into a campaign, but also providing hints how to link PC's into events that take place during episodes - just the sort of thing I like... actually those two convinced me to start my next run at my B5 campaign a bit sooner in the B5 timeline then I had intended, and let my players run through these adventures before they encounter my storyline...), and I want at least three more! (for seasons three, four and five of course!)

Is nt 2nd Edition supposed to be timeline neutral?
Well... I suppose if it were an background that "ignored" the established B5 events, it would not be much use, yes? So I suppose the basic RPG will be "timeline-neutral" in the sence that it isn't geared for the year 2258, like the first edition was, but instead it will contain rules that stay true whenever you are in B5; and allow to use the timeline info to costomize your campaign.

As for adventures... so far I'm rather impressed by what Mongoose brought out. I can't wait for "The Ragged Edge" (espeically since I want to see how it can be meshed with ITC, as both seem to take place during S-2... "The Cold Equations" by the way can be used nicely with TFT, all it takes is to make sure the PC's need to look for an alternate way back to B5 after the last module, and have to take commercial transport, then cou can do TCE at the last leg of their trip...)

Anyway, I'll state it again, I really hope we'll see more supplements to continue the trail started by TFT and ITC! (and if a certain Mr. Bruce Graw reads this - go and write them! :wink: :D )

Or did you mean would Mongoose release yet more supplements in Season1?

I would imagine that they would try & keep them going eventually but that initially we would see more scenarios following on from Cold Equations/Ragged Edge.

James[/quote]

No, I meant that TFT and ITC are continuations of the same story arc, and I would like to see that story arc continued to a conclusion, if there is one. While I appreciate (from what I've read) that The Ragged Edge is supposed to contain information on running a whole campaign, I hate to see campaigns started and then dropped. While not crucial to my own story arc, I was running the two adventures as a catalyst for it.

Back