Question about 2300AD printing

Sword3274

Mongoose
Hello - I imagine this has been asked, and my apologies for asking again if that's the case. I did look around a bit, but couldn't find an answer.

I was wondering if the fine Mongoose folks will be waiting and printing the physical 2300AD books (boxed set) with the corrections incorporated? Or has printing already commenced? I've seen the extensive corrections that have been submitted here on these forums and I would hope they would be added to the pdf files prior to printing.

Thanks all!

Sword3274 said:
I was wondering if the fine Mongoose folks will be waiting and printing the physical 2300AD books (boxed set) with the corrections incorporated? Or has printing already commenced? I've seen the extensive corrections that have been submitted here on these forums and I would hope they would be added to the pdf files prior to printing.

We are indeed - 2300AD goes to print later this week!

Hi Matt! This past week, I've been posting corrections to the "Official 2300AD Comments Thread" for the pdfs updated a week ago. As far as I can see, there are still plenty of pretty major issues in these books, such as the star maps having incorrect information and most of the tables having data that doesn't match with information given elsewhere in the books. There are lots of inconsistencies, oddities, typos and omissions, pretty much everywhere. Lots of colonies are also missing descriptions that they had previously. Not to mention plenty of very idiosyncratic (some might say ungrammatical) spelling choices that are used throughout.

Will those corrections also make it to the printed copies? By when would you need the last corrections to be able to update the books before they go to print?

In their current form, these books are quite pretty but also very, very full of mistakes and other issues. I paid for the physical copies but frankly in the current state of the text, I would be requesting a refund for that order.

vili said:
Will those corrections also make it to the printed copies? By when would you need the last corrections to be able to update the books before they go to print?

They will indeed, and many have already been altered!

Wonderful! I still have book 3 to go through and would be happy to look through it as well before you go to print, if my comments have been of any help. By when do you need feedback the very latest?

vili said:
Wonderful! I still have book 3 to go through and would be happy to look through it as well before you go to print, if my comments have been of any help. By when do you need feedback the very latest?

Friday, at the very latest - thank you!

MongooseMatt said:
vili said:

Friday, at the very latest - thank you!

Thanks! I'll clear my calendar. :)

One thing: With Book 1 now including an Appendix that allows Core World characters, might it be an idea to alter the text in the character generation chapter that suggests this material will be in a later publication. Shouldn’t it suggest that most characters will be generated as Frontier or Spacers, but that Core characters are included in the Appendix?

Back