Psi Corp campaign fleet

Yes all of your allies must come from the same era EA. Similarly ISA's allies, must all come from the same race.

I don't see why you couldn't buy fighter upgrades, as long as that patrol point comes from your allies FAP allocation, and of course you stick to the correct era (no Firebolts on an Avenger!). So your 2 battle points could buy an Omega filled with Firebolts, a Delphi, Chronos and a Myrmidon.

So if I buy an Avenger from the Early Years fleet, I have to use tigers or novas on it? Yech. I like my railcruisers but I don't think I like them that much

Ah okay... hrm, gonna have to figure out how I wanna do this then.

I was hoping to use the avengers primarily as my 'bomber' carriers, with the black omegas and shadowfurys as the anti-fighter work. But if I go with Early Year Avengers so I can get Rail Hyperions I'll have to just stick with huge amounts of Auroras backed up by elite Auroras.

Pulse cannons galore.

Here's what I ended up going with:

1 Shadow Omega Adv Destroyer
2 Hunter Experimental Warships
3 Motherships
2 Fighter Carriers
3 Shadowcloaks
4 Flights of Shadowfurys

EA Reinforcements (Third Age)
2 Avenger Carriers
2 Nova Dreadnoughts

Admiral

Going to be playing against Minbari, EA: Crusade, and Pak'ma'ra.

No that's 10 points going by the breakdown I saw in P&P.

Shadow Omega - 2 Battle Points
Hunter - 1 BP
Hunter - 1 BP
Mothership x2 - 1 BP
Mothership, Figher Carrier x2 - 1 BP
Shadowcloak x3, Shadowfury x2 - 1 BP

Admirial - 1 BP

Allies:
Avenger x2 - 1 BP
Nova x2 - 1 BP

No *laughs* I'm lucky if I qualify for Captainship at this point. With my grand total of 1 game with the new edition.

The EA player wanted to use Ivanova and the Pak'ma'ra player wanted to use Ftaghn so I figured I'd use the generic admiral. The Minbari player is the only one not using an admiral.

Might do that, dunno. Might just play it straight from the book the first time out. I'm sure we'll end up doing it again.

While you guys are here, any pointers for an aspiring Minbari player? Any ships I should avoid using, any that are better than they probably should be? :p

For Minbari you really need to make a decision on what type of fleet you're looking for (although in a campaign fleet there is room for a mixture of ships and then you pick and choose in any given fight). The two main types of fleet are a longer-ranged fleet and a shorter-ranged fleet and generally fleets don't work so well with a mixture of ships being used.

One thing to make sure of is to take plenty of smaller ships otherwise you will be mobbed by enemies forcing down the priority level of the game. Here are two fleets that cover each style:

Long-ranged/beamy goodness
1 x Sharlin
1 x Tinashi
1 x Morshin
1 x Leshath
3 x Ashinta
4 x Teshlan
7 x Torotha
2 x Flyer wing

Short-ranged/disruptor goodness
Swap the Tinashi for a Troligan and the Teshlans for Tigaras.

I personally prefer the sharoos variant of the sharlin for its all round beamy goodness. Its amusing to watch one JPB right into the middle of an enemy fleet and then beam to death on all sides.

Sharoos is nice, you can usually get the front and one side beams on two different targets giving you combined 10 ADs. Whereas a standard Sharlin you can only get 8 AD in total, unless the enemy is behind you. Sharkaan is quite nice too, slightly more powerful beam (triple damage but only 6AD instead of 8) and 6" extra range, loses out on the fighters side secondaries and troops.

Sharoos is better against a lot of smaller targets, Sharlin/Sharkaan better against one big one :)

Madadh said:
No that's 10 points going by the breakdown I saw in P&P.

Shadow Omega - 2 Battle Points
Hunter - 1 BP
Hunter - 1 BP
Mothership x2 - 1 BP
Mothership, Figher Carrier x2 - 1 BP
Shadowcloak x3, Shadowfury x2 - 1 BP

Admirial - 1 BP

Allies:
Avenger x2 - 1 BP
Nova x2 - 1 BP
I'd could get an extra Fighter Carrier and wing of Shadowfuries/Black Omegas for the same 10 battle points. Or swap out one of the wings of Shadowfuries for an extra Mothership. When choosing a campaign fleet, you should always choose you Patrol ships/fighters by taking 1 Raid, 1 Skirmish and 2 Patrol, otherwise you're just short changing yourself.

Back