Project Card (Updated 06-20-07) - New Card: Brute Squad

Awesome hiro!!! These cards are coming along!!! Now where is my custom card!! :evil: In due time i suppose :p

Hiromoon and his squad stopped by and played some SST last night. He brought some cards! :shock: :D

These cards are great! :D

I should note that they are VERY, VERY useful during game play. I had to remember they were around but once I did, the information lookup became so, so much easier.

Since there is no Army Builder file these cards help me BIG TIME. Heck, I think the cards might be better than an AB file during gameplay. They certainly look better than a big white sheet of paper! 8)

Thanks Hiromoon!

Unless it's a custom job, just copy the pictures I have posted, pint them out, trim off the white stuff, and then encase them in carbonite...err..plastic card sleeves. Now, keep in mind these are Phase 2 cards, and you'll be wanting Phase 3.

Now, do you want squad cards where the Sgt. is seperate from the squad itself so you can keep track of talents you give the Sgt?

Hiromoon said:
Now, do you want squad cards where the Sgt. is seperate from the squad itself so you can keep track of talents you give the Sgt?

Both I think. If you can, put the whole squad on a card and have seperate cards for leader types.

The leader cards then become optional and/or customizable for your personal build.

My .02 anyway.

Announcement!

Out resident artist MattRendar has allowed me the use of his artwork for the cards, so here's an example of one (pending his choice of MI Division)

MattPoerSuitSquadTest.jpg

Also, ScipioAmericanus has allowed me the use of his unit patches for the MI Cards, so those who wish custom cards will have some options:

1: Named Unit/Figure
2: Unit Affiliation
3: Picture (Could be Movie/CGI, Artwork, or pictures of your own models!)
4: Quote
5: Store Logo (For Retailors Like PlaywithBob)

Attention: I have gotten employed. Mongoose, I'll be requiring 60 packages of Cliffmites.

In celebration, Dr. Rooster's card!
RoosterCliffMitesTest.jpg

See? I can use anyone's choice in pictures for these cards. Heck, if you have a picture of yourself in MI armor from the movies, you yourself could be on a card!

Hmm...let's see.....

Done:
-M1A1 Powersuit Squad
-LAMI Squad
-Warrior Swarm
-Tanker
-Firefry
-Pathfinder Squad
-Plasma Bug
-Guard Bugs
-Brain

To do:
-Officers
-Extra Assets (Reliant Platforms, Bunkers, Bugfield Generators)
-Cliffmites
-Hoppers
-Tiger Warriors
-ControlBugs
-Overseerer (cannot be done till it's released..or a picture at least)
-Queen (see above)
-Spider Bug
-Burrower Bug
-Exosuits (Gotta wait for the book)
-Slingshot
-Tac
-Skyhook
-Vikings
-Ripplers
-King Tanker
-Thorny Tanker

-More cards for PlaywithBob
-Cards for ScipioAmericanus
-And so on....Order yours today!

Pretty cool, Hiro...

but it's M1A4 Power Suit Squad, NOT M1A1. Though I'd love to have some M1A1 and M1A2 MBT's in the game :)

Also, on the backside, clean up the jaggies around the border a bit. Also, the green/yellow/orange thing on the front, make it about 50% transparent so it tones it down (and any text that goes over it will be more readable). Also, if you can outline the white text with a 1-pixel wide black border, it would make the text-over-picture on the front a lot more readable.

I don't suppose I can request an entire set of cards that has some other changes? :) Like, underlining the headings, no quotes on the front, no "|" characters, and another font (impact or arial instead of courier)? :) Wait, I'm your Lt.! ... In that case, Sergeant Hiromoon, do what I just said! :)

judgedoug said:
Also, on the backside, clean up the jaggies around the border a bit. Also, the green/yellow/orange thing on the front, make it about 50% transparent so it tones it down (and any text that goes over it will be more readable). Also, if you can outline the white text with a 1-pixel wide black border, it would make the text-over-picture on the front a lot more readable.

I don't suppose I can request an entire set of cards that has some other changes? :) Like, underlining the headings, no quotes on the front, no "|" characters, and another font (impact or arial instead of courier)? :) Wait, I'm your Lt.! ... In that case, Sergeant Hiromoon, do what I just said! :)

It'll take some cutting and pasting and tweeking here and there, but it's do-able.

*makes corrections to the powersuit stuff*

Back