Project Card (Updated 06-20-07) - New Card: Brute Squad

Nope..that's the Pathfinder Squad.. I'm trying to cut back n the number of cards, so there;s not like a card for a trooper, a card for a corporal, and a card for a sergeant.

Hiromoon said:
Nope..that's the Pathfinder Squad.. I'm trying to cut back n the number of cards, so there;s not like a card for a trooper, a card for a corporal, and a card for a sergeant.

Look at the stats on front of the last card you posted.

PlayWithBob said:
Hiromoon said:

Look at the stats on front of the last card you posted.

Awww <explitive deleted>

Edit:
PathfinderSquadTest.jpg

Looking better by the hour, bud!

Personally, I'd rather have separate ones for the MI to distinguish between Sgt, Cpl, and Pvt. Less information having to be crammed onto the cards. I'd just end up making a card for each individual in the squad and putting a marking on the back for which squad they're a part of. Especially handy if you're like me and like to give individuals in the squad heroic traits. Also, it'd be nice to be able to hand the card over to the opponent if the player dies, to help keep track of points at the end of the game. And if you have games with more than two players and want to keep track of who killed what, even better.

Then again, I guess that's just personal preference. They kick arse either way.

Well, hopefully I'll have different pictures for Phase 3. Right now I'm assembling some Phase 2 cards together for Wednesday...as a promotional item. I just use the phrases for Phase 1, 2, and 3 as just stages of development. Phase 1 is prototypes, Phase 2 is Consumer polling, Phase 3 is final production. There might be a Phase 4, which the Custom Cards are part of, where people get little phrases or quotes with their own images there.

Hiromoon, you do realize that this is good enough for Mongoose to toss you some coin and make these really really official, as in a set of cards in a retail box (sized for sleeves), with dribbles of them included in Signs & portents? The official ones would be two-sided, with the S&P ones "fold-over" versions. It's been said, but very good work, dude!

BuShips said:
Hiromoon, you do realize that this is good enough for Mongoose to toss you some coin and make these really really official, as in a set of cards in a retail box (sized for sleeves), with dribbles of them included in Signs & portents? The official ones would be two-sided, with the S&P ones "fold-over" versions. It's been said, but very good work, dude!

Mwhahaha...yes actually I have (And I think Awsomeshotdude has mentioned it too). I concider it as part of my job as Mongoose Infantryman. That said, it'd be pretty cool to release future versions of the cards in S&P.

Hiro:

If you're going to use the division insignia, let me modify them to a black bg. That might look better. Also, in the case of the Pathfinder cards, I suggest you use the "Winged Spear" that I did for the army book.

GREAT work Hiro!!!!

Regards.

PlayWithBob said:
Hiromoon said:
PlaywithBob, you're next! MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Do your worst! :D

You've got me side tracked now looking for insignia. I'll get no work done today.

Bob: as a teaser, I'm working on some stuff for S&P that goes into mega detail on the heraldry of the Mobile Infantry.

Regards.

ScipioAmericanus said:
Bob: as a teaser, I'm working on some stuff for S&P that goes into mega detail on the heraldry of the Mobile Infantry.

Regards.

Cant wait to see it all. I ended up going with your 5th div. icon for my own troopers.

PlayWithBob said:
Cant wait to see it all. I ended up going with your 5th div. icon for my own troopers.

Ah...the 5th MIDiv! As you can no doubt tell, they're my choice too!

Here's some sample fluff:

5th Mobile Infantry Division
Division Nickname: Vega
Division Motto: "Blue!"
Division HQ: Camp Custer, North America, Terra
Commanding General: GEN Alexander Tyree
Subordinate Units:

13th, 15th, 22nd MI Regiments.
C Co., 1st Battalion (Pathfinder).
1st Platoon, I Co., 1st Battalion (Pathfinder, K-9).
67th Combat Engineer Co.
211th Combat Support Co.

Assigned to:

TFT Waterloo
TFT Fallen Timbers
TFCT Claus von Stauffenberg
TFCT Mark Clark
TFCT P.J. Badcoe
TFCT Stonewall Jackson

Back