Post your Kai Lords

Sir Brad

Banded Mongoose
ATM I'm running a LW RPG (if you count one session where the PC's Blitzed the adventure in the core book is just over two hours) the party is as follows

Moon Fox
CS 15, EP 26, WP 21 (WP not used at this time)
Healing, 6th Scene, Mind Sheild

Long silver hair, pale gray eyes, fair skin with a slight frame. Moon Fox looks like the last person you would expect to be a Kai, most would take her for the timid daughter of some urban gentry or lesser lord, an orphan from a small village in the Royal Estates, raised by her father after her mother died in childbirth until his death in a fire at the village mill. Moon Fox has a natural gift for healing both in the Mundane and Kai Disciplines, she also has a gift in the more Metaphysical Disciplines, but little talent or interest in the more militant aspects of the Orders training.

Dark Wolf
CS 19, EP 29, WP 17
Weaponskill: Broadsword, Hunting, Tracking

Black hair, dark eyes, pale skin and an athletic build with many features that favor his Darkkar father who raped his mother. Dark Wolf is a intense young man who if not for his ommnace foreboding could be described as hansom. a loaner by both choice and circumstance few other students will associate with as his mere presence makes them uneasy and his tendency to push to hard in combat training leads to physical and nervous exhaustion and more than the occasional injury. a naturally skilled woodsman he also has displayed a gift for the weapons of his fathers people being skilled in the use of spear, Bow and to a lesser extent the Grate Warhammer, but his favored weapon is the Broadsword that he welds as easily with one hand or two. of late Dark Wolf has begun to uncontrollably manifest the Mindblast Discipline and has bean stuffing hard to develop the Camouflage Discipline (he is skilled at the mundane aspects and is close to mastering the less mundane aspects).

Red Fox
CS 18, EP 27, WP 15
Weaponskill: Bow, Hunting, Tracking

Auburn Hair, green eyes, fair skin slight to athletic build. Friendly and open Red Fox would be a fine leader (and likely one day will be) if not for her playful and independent nature skilled in woodcraft, few would believe she spent the first years of her life as the daughter of one of Sommerlunds grate houses. Red Fox has heard the call of nature and her wilder side, she possesses an affinity for animals and her instructors believe she is close to unlocking the Animal Friendship Discipline or perfecting the arts of Camouflage.

Swift Wind
CS 17, EP 28, WP 19
Weaponskill: Sword, Mind Over Matter, Mindshield

Light brown hair, brown eyes, tanned skin athletic build. Part mystic, part warrior, part scholar, wise before his years Swift Wind appears to be everything a young Kai should be, but he doubts himself as he looks at the other students his age and sees them excelling at their chosen fields wile he is being pulled in all directions seamingily on the verge of developing half a dozen Disciplines but never quite. Other students come to him for advice and to help them study leaving him with little time for reflection and deciding where he want's to go next with his own Kai path.

Why did your players choose only 3 disciplines instead of 5? Was it to make the campaign last longer? :)

Also, interesting writeups. Look forward to everyone else's.

Yep, in fact these are re makes of my Home Brew LW RPG characters I was running a few years back. also making them choose three instead of five makes them be more careful with their Discipline selection instead of the normal "Healing, Hunting, Weaponskill & two others" that everyone that played the books started with and everyone tried for when I first ran my Home Brew LW RPG 20+ years ago.

Snow Shadow comes from LWERPG based on story posts. She is a Kai Master with pale/almost albino skin, blonde bob and blue eyes. Does well at outdoor/physical disciplines, not so good mental - WS, Hu, Tr, Ca, AK, He, SS, MS, MB, MoM in that order; GW her 1st Magnakai Skill when we Timewarp/Upgrade. She is quite shy preferring the company of a few individuals rather than a group. Daughter of a rogue from Ragadorn. She has had a few adventures where she fought an Undead Rhygar with the Blue Steel Spear - both buried at the entrance to Tarnalin, and assisted in exorcising a possessed Kai at a Toranese Cemetary (a long story) during which she acquired the Silver Warhammer Banedon can find in the Dawn of the Darklords adventure. She has just discovered that the Warhammer bears dwarven runes under the rotted binding and, when she presses the rune, the weapon becomes 'liquid metal' before forming into another weapon - so far she can only create the Warhammer and Axe forms but she doesn't yet know that in actual fact it can turn into any weapon. Oh, the dwarfs would not want it back in a hurry because the rune means 'coward' for an as yet unknown reason... When she becomes a Grand Master she will acquire Maesmakai - 'Winter Sun' - Sword +5CS, +7CS in Arctic conditions, because even the palest and weakest of light may still bring comfort and guidance. Reminds me I need to get writing.

Created a Kai Lord called Sun Snake for a defunct d20 game a while back. Been using him a few times under the LWMPGB rules.

First one for a playtest:

SUN SNAKE
Tall and wiry, he has his dirty yellow hair pulled back tightly usually which highlights his face. Thin steel blue eyes and a face usually frowning when out of combat at the eccentricities and vices of others, only relaxing to a neutral stare when focused in battle or danger. He is not the fastest in thought or opinion, his mental faculties are as unbending as his resolve.

However, his Kai-graced speed and tenaciousness make him a swift warrior. He has no particular love of the outdoors even though he has a feel for it, preferring the rest of the monastic order or the simplicity of aiding others and providing an example in population centres.

COMBAT SKILL: 23/23 (base 19)
ENDURANCE: 22/22 (base 22)

KAI DISCIPLINES
1. Hunting, 2. Tracking, 3. Weaponskill in Axe, 4. Animal Kinship, 5. Camouflage

Second one for a game under Xex:

SUN SNAKE
Sun Snake is a Kai Lord, and doggedly loyal to the order. He has sharp reflexes but is slow of thought. He usually seeks to curb his impulses, trying to understand mentally what is occuring and make reasoned decisions.

He is subconsciously at odds with the gifts Kai has sought to give him. He prefers the order of the city to the wilds he is suited for. And he tries dilligently to practice with his sword and shield - weapons becoming a warrior - even though he can wield with great skill and intuition the hand axe he uses for clearing paths through the wild.

He has dirty long blond hair but brown eyes, a thin pulled face and is tall but wiry.

CS: 14 (10) EP: 32/32 (28)

Disciplines:
1. Tracking, 2. Hunting, 3. Weapon Skill: +2 combat skill with axe, 4. Sixth Sense, 5. Camouflage:

Odd symmetry, I rolled four times for Sun Snake's current combat skills, and each time resolved to 10. Whereas the 9s just leapt out in the playtest. Whereas the Endurance points seem to have pivoted equally low to high. And Sun Snake's weaponskill in axe, yet using a sword and shield has carried on each time as a common theme.

I believe Sir BRad had an idea to use Willpower (WP) as from the previous d20 game, and also as used by Greystar

Now that the LWRPGB is released, I can go ahead and de-password the start of a playtest eternalknight was running with the new ruleset.

Five Kai Lords, some alike in abilities but all seemed to be starting to differentiate themselves.

http://www.lwrpgol.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=crymson2

Update, the Characters have gone up a rank, Moon Fox has taken Mind over Matter and gained an extra WP Dark Wolf and Red Fox have both taken Camouflage and Swift Wind has taken Hunting.

Back