Plug In, Punk Out

Stratos

Mongoose
Question: I read SOMEWHERE the phrase... "Plug in and punk out" and it might have been followed with "this is cyberpunk" or maybe even "this is cybernet".

I like the phrasing and want to use it for some lyrics on the title track of the CyberNet Soundtrack... but I need to know where I read this so I can ask permissions & properly credit the original author.

Please help!

Thanks!

btw: I've recently read the OGL CyberNet rulebook, Signs & Portents #4, and Neuromancer (by Gibson) as inspirational source material... so the phrase could have come from any of those sources.

Looking forward to your work on the Soundtrack.

You should check out burning Chrome by Gibson. Its a collection of Short stories so you will be able to pick it up and put it down, but that will give you a feel of 'Punk as well. I will start looking for your phrase and let you know what I come up with . . .

Psyjack

I prefer the phrase "Listen up you primitive screwheads" better but that's just me.

BTW that line is from a cyberpunk book if memory serves.

"Listen Up You Primitive Screwheads" was the title of a GM's guide for Cyberpunk 2020.

"Plug in, Punk out" isn't ringing my Gibson alarm...

Yes... I've now found in my notes that the phrase is "Plug in and Punk out (This is cyberpunk)". Therefore, I'm assuming it's not CyberNet related. Also, I re-read the introductory chapters of Neuromancer last evening (because other clues suggested that might be where I found it) and came up dry. I'm going to assume that it's ok for me to use as a song title & lyrics... and hope no one gets offended. I'll use this open forum as my plea for rights & ownership.

Thanks!

* Stratos

Id like to add to the Referance material list. Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson is great and I also enjoyed Wyrm by Mark Sabi.

baileyrecords said:
Yes... I've now found in my notes that the phrase is "Plug in and Punk out (This is cyberpunk)". Therefore, I'm assuming it's not CyberNet related. Also, I re-read the introductory chapters of Neuromancer last evening (because other clues suggested that might be where I found it) and came up dry. I'm going to assume that it's ok for me to use as a song title & lyrics... and hope no one gets offended. I'll use this open forum as my plea for rights & ownership.

Thanks!

* Stratos

Take a peak at Billy Idol's album "Cyberpunk"

I think it's stated on his sleave or in one of the songs. I can't help but think it's also in a Cyberpunk book somewhere.....

slingbld said:
Take a peak at Billy Idol's album "Cyberpunk"

I think it's stated on his sleave or in one of the songs. I can't help but think it's also in a Cyberpunk book somewhere.....

It might be... I dunno.

Anyhow, the opening song for the upcoming soundtrack is an instrumental titled... 'Plug In `N Punk Out [This is CyberNet]'.

It's a nice little opener.

- Stratos

Just wait until you guys hear this record! It's FANTASIC!

Anyway, Plug In 'N Punk Out is my favorite Track and Title. It just screams Sci-fi/Cyberpunk.

'til next time...
CF

Capt. Futura said:
Just wait until you guys hear this record! It's FANTASIC!

Anyway, Plug In 'N Punk Out is my favorite Track and Title. It just screams Sci-fi/Cyberpunk.

'til next time...
CF

Oh geez! And this guy hasn't even heard the *final* version yet! :)

FYI: Capt. Futura is one of the album's producers and we co-wrote the upcoming indie horror film album too (that'll be made available with the purchase of the CyberNet soundtrack)!

- Stratos

Back