Playing on board of a colossal spacecraft

Geist

Mongoose
I´ve just started to play Babylon 5. It´s great.
I would like to start a campaign on a spacecraft but I have some questions.

1. A spacecraft can act in combat like characters. Does this mean a spacecraft has only the chance to move and act or do an move equivalent action and act or can every character on board of the ship act in one round??

2. Characters are opperating an colossal spacecraft and there are many linked weapons. Needs every linked weapon system his own operator???

3. Colossal spacecraft have lots of crew members. How can I handle the position of my players on board??? One operates the sensors, one person is the captain and another operates one weapon system???

Geist

In order to better answer your questions people here need to know what rank your group is. Are they all ensigns or are they higher up in the chain of command?

Although one thing I could say right now is to give each person on the ship a specific task, one person runs sensors, two or three handle weapons, another person runs damage control and the like.

Thank you for the answer.

Now I know a little bit more.

I have a very experienced player and I think to give him a command.

The others are beginners so they only have to be part of the spacecraft.

Geist said:
I have a very experienced player and I think to give him a command.

The others are beginners so they only have to be part of the spacecraft.

I have to admit that I'd worry about this kind of situation as it means a massive player power imbalance. Some groups can work with that, but some might get annoyed, especially if the Captain is seen as getting the majority of the story time... Few want to be the 'sidekicks.'

Still, I don't know the specifics or (more importantly) the dynamics of your group...

Oh, this is no problem.

I´ve talked with every player and its´s the best way.

They all want to play on an independent spacecraft. The captain makes the ship independent. It´s borring if the captain is an NSC. I think one player is the captain another player is the pilot and so on......

It´s by the game master to give every player a great RPG.

Back