Pinning CAP troopers

I am looking at my CAP troopers, and there is alot of little parts that can fall off. Do you guys find it helps if you put pins in or does glue hold fine?

If they're the plastic ones you shouldn't need to pin them.

However, they may fall off if you're using a brand of Poly cement that doesn't work well with the mongoose plastics, and there's a few of them. I think Humbrol was mentioned as one that works well, I know the GW stuff I use was no good at all so I had to superglue them.

I usually pin the models that are metal and like the brain bug and Heroes set. I've dropped both plastic MI and Warrior bug models and they bounce well without breaking. On the other hand, they don't work very well for dog chew toys or being stepped on by people.

-JM

Thanks for the help. I guess I'll do a few see how they come out. I really do not want to pin them, so many parts. I am glad I will not need to pin them. They just looked so small on surface area with some of the parts I was not sure.

You really don't need to pin your caps. I have about 50 of them, and I've only had 1 break (at the hip joint); Probably because i didn't take enough time in smoothing the seams off.

As for magnets, I don't know of anyone doing it on CAPs, but it seems a popular choice for exosuits.

The_King_of_Ashes said:
I am looking at my CAP troopers, and there is alot of little parts that can fall off. Do you guys find it helps if you put pins in or does glue hold fine?

If I'm putting plastic CAPS together without any mods I just use Loctite Superglue. If I make any mods I'll use superglue, pin and greenstuff.

The_King_of_Ashes said:
Any one tryed magnets so you can switch out weapons?

Not for caps, they are cheap enough anyway. Don't concentrate too much on special weapons, a lot of players do and end up with expensive small units that get eaten.
I ordered lots of extra sniper rifles and find them really useful. But you get enough on the sprues to not worry really.

JoseDominguez said:
I ordered lots of extra sniper rifles and find them really useful. But you get enough on the sprues to not worry really.
So does the normal CAP's box contains more of this stuff? I've got a box of pathfinders and I thought that the sprues are same, and the only difference is that the Pathfinders get additional metal parts.

Thanks for very fast answer. I doubt that I'll be able to order them. I live quite far away so the cost of such undertaking would be a way to high.
But I really like converting my models.

The_King_of_Ashes said:
Any one tryed magnets so you can switch out weapons?

Yes, but not on troopers. I did several C-Hawks with each weapon choice available by using ND magnets and bits of metal on some of the parts (to save magnets as well as for the looks).

DCP_M9_1.JPG

DCP_M9_2.JPG

I used one magnet on the flamer and two on the utility claws and MGs. I made a one-piece assembly out of the claws and twin .50's. I glued a small bit of sheet metal to the "hardpoint" on the Chickenhawk front that either choice could be attached to. It worked out so that I can have two flamers or the .50 cals. or one of each using a total of two models.

Back