Pimp my RMRuneQuest! (garage)

Ahokko

Mongoose
Ok,guys, lets list here all the improvements/house rules under this topic.
(We can discuss about the improvements under other topics, but please write down your own improvements here, so everybody can read them easily and decide whether to you the rule or not without reading 405876 pages of discussion about it. One or two attack rolls, halving the skill etc).

1) Natural healing. A character's injured injured locations regain 1 hit point per CON hours.

2) 1) Natural healing. A character's injured injured locations regain 1 hit point per (30 - CON) hours. [sorry about the amazing error immediately. More rules, less discussion.]

Ahokko said:
2) 1) Natural healing. A character's injured injured locations regain 1 hit point per (30 - CON) hours. [sorry about the amazing error immediately. More rules, less discussion.]

Hehe reminded me of the old FASA Star Trek rules, the healthier you were the easier you fell ill.

Vadrus

1) Natural healing. A character's injured injured locations regain 1 hit point per CON hours.

I was thinking about that, but I like this variant:

1a) If a character has a positive hit point total in a location, she may take a CA to make a Resilience roll to recover a hit point (modified by number of hp lost times "wound penalty", which can be taken as -10% per hit point if you don't have my handy "Wound Penalty Table".) [Wound Penalties only apply to specified rolls, mainly Resilience rolls to deal with hit point loss -- this is my solution to the problem of killing characters with high Resilience skill.]

Ahokko said:

Which means a creature with 30+ CON gets his HP back immediately ?

I propose something like CON HP per month, for instance.

Regarding the idea of this thread, have you thought about doing a Runequest Blog somewhere?

The thought has come to my mind. With a Blog you could set up an entry for each house rule, and any commentary or variants on that house rule would then follow, without obscuring any of the other house rule entries?

Just an idea. Now I'll post another house rule that I am contemplating:

You can add a characteristic to your die roll to try to improve a skill, if that characteristic adds to the default skill calculation. If the default skill calculation has two or more characteristics, then you can only use one characteristic

This makes the characteristics a little more important throughout a character's career, and not just at character creation. It also makes it a little easier to go up in skills, setting the practical limit a little above 100%. Most importantly, it makes smarter characters better at learning Lore skills, strong characters better at melee skills, etc.

We should set up an RQ Wiki!
That way we could all have input and it would be arranged in a logical fashion, so we don't have to search through a ton of posts trying to find the one suggestion or houserule that we are looking for.

Utgardloki said:
You can add a characteristic to your die roll to try to improve a skill, if that characteristic adds to the default skill calculation. If the default skill calculation has two or more characteristics, then you can only use one characteristic

This makes the characteristics a little more important throughout a character's career, and not just at character creation. It also makes it a little easier to go up in skills, setting the practical limit a little above 100%. Most importantly, it makes smarter characters better at learning Lore skills, strong characters better at melee skills, etc.
I *really* like that idea. Didn't old RQ2 have a Learning Bonus or something similar that worked like what you are suggesting?

canology said:
I *really* like that idea. Didn't old RQ2 have a Learning Bonus or something similar that worked like what you are suggesting?

RQ2 and RQ3 both let you add the skill bonus to the die roll when determining whether a skill went up. In addtion, RQ2 also sets a minimum chance of a skill increase at the character's INT stat. A character with INT 13 always has at least a 13% chance of a skill increase, even if the skill is well over 100%.

canology said:
We should set up an RQ Wiki!

Hey, that's a good idea.

So how about http://mrqwiki.pbwiki.com ?

I just put that together and I'm in the process of uploading and formatting the SRD.

If anyone else wants to contribute, the site-level password is "runequest".

:)

Back