Pilots vs Ships-Error?

Dag'Nabbit

Mongoose
Here’s a long one concerning the statistics of quite a few vessels, specifically dealing with the number of pilots on board versus the number of fighter/shuttles on board.
Tethys Frigate-Theta: 4 pilots for the ship, 2 shuttles, and 6 armed shuttles
Hermes Priority Transport: 6 pilots for the ship, 6 Starfuries, and 4 shuttles
Condor Troop Transport: 24 pilots for the ship, and 24 assault shuttles
Psi Corp Mothership: 28 pilots for the ship, 24 Starfuries, and 6 shuttles
Psi Corp Fighter Transport: 12 pilots for the ship, 12 Starfuries, and 2 shuttles
Morshin Carrier: 20 pilots for the ship, 48 fighter, and 2 Flyers
Sharlin War Cruiser: 28 pilots for the ship, 24 Nials, and 4 Flyers

My confusion lies around the ability of these ships to deploy their fighters and or shuttles at the same time the ship is supposed to remain operational. Minimum number of pilots still needed by each ship are as follows:
Tethys-4
Hermes-4
Condor-1
PC Mothership-2
PC Fighter Transport-2
Morshin-30
Sharlin-1

This number only considers the absolute minimum. In order to be fully operational these ships will need additional pilots so that shifts can be run to ensure that the pilots are not too fatigued. Every other ship listed in the Fact Books has at least 2 pilots dedicated to steering the main vessel. Excepting of course the Cotton Tender which mentions that they normally don’t carry pilots for the Starfuries anyway so that isn’t a problem.

This question came up before and the answer was that the number of Pilots listed in each ships discription is for that Ship alone, not for the pilots of shuttles or fighters.

Anonymous said:
This question came up before and the answer was that the number of Pilots listed in each ships discription is for that Ship alone, not for the pilots of shuttles or fighters.

Sorry, this was me, forgot to login.

OK, then explain to me what the Poseidin Supercarrier is doing with 152 pilots? It may be a big ship but come on!

Back