Pictures of Drazi models

Hi Guys,

I painted one Drazi Sunhawk, one strikehawk and 1 storm falcon as prototypes to get the colour scheme right. I really like them, I've included a pic of them all which I think shows them at their best, plus 3 closeups, you can see all the mistakes up close, but they still don't look bad. I need to clean up the yellow/red engines a little then they should be fine. Now to paint the next 9 ships in the fleet box.

drazi001.jpg

drazi002.jpg

drazi003.jpg

drazi004.jpg

Cpt Kremmen
Soon to be Drazi war commander

PS Oh does anyone have any idea for NAMES for my Drazi ships. I am tempted by english names for birds of prey rather than Drazi words? Any good ides for bird of prey sounding names, I need at least 12

PPS Budgie of Death is not a bird of prey.....

Nice job Captain :D

Here's a list of British birds of prey (category A, B and C):

Black Kite
Red Kite
White-tailed Eagle
Egyptian Vulture
Short-toed Eagle
Eurasian Marsh Harrier
Hen Harrier
Pallid Harrier
Montagu's Harrier
Northern Goshawk
Eurasian Sparrowhawk
Common Buzzard
Rough-legged Buzzard
Greater Spotted Eagle
Golden Eagle
Osprey
Lesser Kestrel
Common Kestrel
American Kestrel
Red-footed Falcon
Merlin
Eurasian Hobby
Eleonora's Falcon
Gyr Falcon
Peregrine Falcon

Thanks guys,

I think I will have to name one of my sunhawks the Gyr Falcon!

Painting them was easier than basing them!!

Cpt Kremmen

NIce looking start-of-a-fleet hehe

i specially like the sunhawk, really nice "engines" but i noticed ther are a lot of mold lines on the minis. some of them can be tricky, but i myself like to take sometime getting rid of them, it just makes the models look better

overall i like the colorscheem of your fleet, faithful to the series yet different in some way, keep it up

Im-Rehsa said:
NIce looking start-of-a-fleet hehe

i specially like the sunhawk, really nice "engines" but i noticed ther are a lot of mold lines on the minis. some of them can be tricky, but i myself like to take sometime getting rid of them, it just makes the models look better

overall i like the colorscheem of your fleet, faithful to the series yet different in some way, keep it up

You are right, I am a bit lazy and don't really make the effort. All the rest of my sunhawks have big holes in their rear engines. Being lazy I was hoing to just paint them, but have no felt motivated to fill them....

K

Nice work. I gave up on painting the plasma 'lava lamp' (never could get it quite right) and just painted it a solid orane/red.

Back