Do you want Dilgar counters?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bobbylhosey

Mongoose
i am starting this petition to try to convince mongoose that people would buy dilgar counters. Many people(including myself) can't afford to buy the metal miniatures. If they hadn't made counters for all the other ships then i wouldn't be able to even play this game due to the cost involved. However because of the counters I have been able to enjoy the game. I want to have the option of playing as the dilgar but the only way that I can do that is if I have counters and i would really prefer not to make homemade ones. So please mongoose make dilgar counters. Even if they are sold seperately from the fleet book I would still buy them.(Maybe they could even include tishats and vorlan fighters since they were missing from the sfos sheets, probably just wishful thinking though)

Actually downloadable counters would be fine - not that I need them as a I have a full set of the AOG counters anyway :)

I voted yes for counters, one of the major selling points of ACTA was that you didn't need to spend a fortune on minis to be able to play any fleet in the game. This aspect has fallen by the wayside a little as the releases have gone on, but only a little since the SFOS counter sets came out.

I think it would be a shame not to produce Dilgar counters for those players who have less moeny to buy the minis.

LBH

I definately voted yes...although I agree that they could continue SoP and wait for enough more ships to come out first and put out another expansion counter sheet...At the moment all we really have are a few raiders and the Dilgar...How about waiting until the Drahk are released (or is that still a year or so off)?

I agree that it would be nice to have counters, for completeness sake.
It would also be a great opportunity to "catch up" with counters that have been left out so far.

Chern

Chernobyl said:
It would also be a great opportunity to "catch up" with counters that have been left out so far.

Chern

Now this is an excellent idea, sort of a sweep up of all the missing counters.

LBH

I vote yes also. We shouldn't let counters for this game be sidelined. If the game becomes just about selling miniatures, then it may as well be produced by that other company.

Regards

Renny

Renny said:
I vote yes also. We shouldn't let counters for this game be sidelined. If the game becomes just about selling miniatures, then it may as well be produced by that other company.

Regards

Renny

Agreed.

i am actually surprised by the amount of response though i am curious why the people that voted no voted that way. thanks for the overwhelming support in favor of counters.

Renny said:

Regards

Renny

counters would be nice for people who dont use miniatures, personally i like a nice miniature fleet. Although the counter sheets will probably be released as a set with the rest of the other races due to come out, because they do have the Drakh up. Personally the counters were ok for a while, but i found it quite weird they can supply the same amount of posidon carriers as missile cruisers. Also i like scaling and the counters are way off

Counters gets my vote every time!

And think on this one-

If you want to reenact the Dilgar Invasion, then apart from the EA, Drazi, Abbai, and the Vree, who else are the Dilgar going to fight? We need counters for the LLort, Pak'ma'ra, Alacan's, Minoc, Hurr, Yolu, Cascor, Ipsha, Hyach, Descari, Balosian, Gaim and Markab at the very least.

Ren'Sur said:
If you want to reenact the Dilgar Invasion, then apart from the EA, Drazi, Abbai, and the Vree, who else are the Dilgar going to fight? We need counters for the LLort, Pak'ma'ra, Alacan's, Minoc, Hurr, Yolu, Cascor, Ipsha, Hyach, Descari, Balosian, Gaim and Markab at the very least.

Well the Dilgar can also fight Brakiri and possibly Narns (depends on which background fluff you are reading)
oh and Raiders, they can fight them as well
anyways this isnt B5 Wars, this is ACTA, its more of a fleet game, whereas B5Wars could get away with only having a few ships per race because thats how many you actually needed, You have suggested counters for 13 new races, they will also need rules for them, now although i would love it if Mongoose did all those but its not something that would come to a lot of point

while i would love to buy the mini's it's just not possible for me at this time. but i can always find a way to buy counters.

Pauly_D
Never played B5W FA did we!
I know all about Fleet Action games in connection with B5, I actually prefered FA to B5W and, with the help of some other fleet scale enthusiasts, we managed to get practically all of the League and other worlds ships data cards done for that game. I think the normal games I played involved at least 10 ships per side, on one occasion there were close on 240 ships and 200 fighter flights in action on one battle.
So, the old adage here is, where there is a will....

no i never played FA only B5 wars
in the games i played it was 1 vs 1 with fighters (and that alone took 4 hours)

In FA, you could play a game with about 50 ships per side in that same 4 hour time frame!
I'm not into overly complex ship combat games like B5W and SFB, FA and ACTA meets my requirements due to speed of play and campaign possibilities i.e you can acutally fight battles involving many ships in a single nights sitting.

Back