Past 20th.

zozotroll

Mongoose
No, not is it a good idea or not. I have not like level caps since 1977 and most likely wont change now.

What I am looking for is if somebody has done an extended table for Conan classes. Not overloaded stuff like the Epic level handbook, just an extention of the tables as they are.

I am tired of every arch villian being 20th.

You could simply add prestige class on top of 20 levels of core class. For example, Scholar 20 / Lord of the Black Ring 10 for a truly epic Thoth Amon.

Thats one of those easy ideas that are hard to think up but are so apperent when pointed out. Thanks for that one. :D

Or keep on adding normal classes!
Multiclassing seems to be quite common in the Conan world, so it is easy to do some math and going beyond 20th level!

I think twenty levels are good enough. Getting past these will probably lead your game on a D&Dish superhero path, which is not quite in the mood of the Hyborian age. I tend to think that the game already doesn't play well at the higher levels, so there's no need to add more.

my two cents.

That's why I love Savage Worlds so much, no levels, no hit points, no static attack/damage modifiers or iterative attacks to worry about.

With the Immortality spell style and Vampire transformation the possibility certainly exists.
Something that would be overpowering, though. Essentially you would be a demi-god being a Vampire 30th level sorceror.

Nothing is ever overpowered. If a 30th level PC is out there, then a 32nd level oponent can give them problems. What is good for the PCs is good for the NPCs.

zozotroll said:
Nothing is ever overpowered. If a 30th level PC is out there, then a 32nd level oponent can give them problems. What is good for the PCs is good for the NPCs.

I can send you the 1st Edition of DnD via BitTorrent. Check PirateBay.com

Nothing is ever overpowered. If a 30th level PC is out there, then a 32nd level opponent can give them problems. What is good for the PCs is good for the NPCs.

Indeed, but we'll be getting beyond the scope of the game by doing this. It would be Conan no more then, but Arioch battling Galactus... The strength of a game like Conan is to keep things at a human level. It's "believable" fantasy (if not realistic) we are talking here. High munchkin fantasy is better off with Epic D&D.

As it been discussed already on these boards, Conan own fighting prowess doesn't evolve much in thr stories. He's a formidable fighter from the start and doesn't transform into a supergod at the end of his career. After all, he can somewhat be taken as a reference for assessing the power level of a Conan game, doesn't he?

Actual, I stated at the start of the thread I was not much interested in debating if it was a good idea or not. I realize that for many it is not. Thats cool.

But for those who want to go farther, what are good ideas that dont totaly break everything. And I have goten a cou0le great ideas.

Actualy my vision of a believable system has a full damage broadsword thrust being fatal. Cona fails that test after the first level or two. So for me, over 20 is no worse than over 5th.

However, I have played a few games where you can only advance a few levels. They are not that much fun as you max out fairly soon.

Actualy my vision of a believable system has a full damage broadsword thrust being fatal. Cona fails that test after the first level or two. So for me, over 20 is no worse than over 5th.

A 6th level warrior can kill almost every critter or NPC from the official books.

And in one blow.

yes, but only if you crit with the broadsword.

A full shot with a BS 1D10+4, to give him big muscles. So max 14 damage. Not much to kill a 6th level guy unless he is unarmoured and rolled very bad. Actualy if he has any con bonus at all, it wont happen.

And if you start that HP is more than just damage, then you toss out the reallity part again, so you mihgt as well go over 20th.

if all hes got is a broad sword then he should be swinging it two handed which means he'll be doing 16pts of damage and then all he has to do is power attack for 2 points of his BAB to get +4 damage and wham he's got a massive damage hit.

you didnt say anything about armour or shield just that you want a broadsword to be able to kill in a single blow, which i just showed it can do.

Back