Page count for core Conan book?

Geoffrey

Mongoose
Ian Sturrock, I'm very happy to see that an REH Conan purist is writing the Conan RPG. Since I have no worries that the game will be full of inferior stuff, let me ask a couple questions:

1. How many pages will the core game have?

2. Is the core game going to be complete, or will people have to own the D&D Players Handbook?

I'll take this for Ian as it's my decision and area:

1. Current page count is looking like 352 though I might be able to squeeze that down to around 304.

2. It's going to be complete - you won't need the Player's Handbook to use it (or monster manual, or dmg etc.)

Hope that helps

MongoosePaul said:
1. Current page count is looking like 352 though I might be able to squeeze that down to around 304.

No No No!!! I like the idea of a big Conan book. I want everything in it, no deleations, no pdf filler. I want it all in a single hugh volume. :twisted:

MongoosePaul said:
I'll take this for Ian as it's my decision and area:

I hear the price tag may be as much as $49. Will that be reduced if you reduce the page count?

Sam

Yep - and I'm not planning on cutting anything btw Mythos - it's more a case of layout tricks, borders, font sizes etc to reduce the pages. I'm actually _adding_ 100+ (word doc) pages to the manuscript at the moment.

looking forward too this the thicker the better as hopefully that will stop sourcebooks being promised that do not happen the only down side to slaine :cry:

MongoosePaul said:
Yep - and I'm not planning on cutting anything btw Mythos - it's more a case of layout tricks, borders, font sizes etc to reduce the pages. I'm actually _adding_ 100+ (word doc) pages to the manuscript at the moment.

Ranting cheerfully withdrawn. :D

I just read the notice about the Conan RPG. Could not help but notice that the page count is now 256. This worries me a little.

Please tell me that none of the final material was cut to help reduce this page count. :cry:

Hi Mythos

That page's is placeholder, hence why you can't go directly to it at the moment. Plans right now are still for the 300+ page book and, as said before, no we're not cutting anything (quite the reverse).

If this was to change for some reason, we'd announce it here and on our mailing list.

MP, thank you for taking the time to respond to my last post. As you can tell by my kneejerk reactions, I am avidly looking forward to the release of this game. With the excellent job Mongoose as done in the past in turning licened material into rpgs I have high expectations for this game and any information that that causes me to question those expectations causes me to go into a panic attack. :oops:

I'll try to keep my anxity to myself. :roll:

Back