P&P Errata

Digger

Mongoose
Thought it might be useful to set up a thread detailing errata for P&P.

Please note this is not a bitchin thread, but an area to note mistakes in the new texts - It is not about broken rules okay!

So, having started reading the new book, I would note the following:

1. Page 7 - Shadow Omega - Weapon stats are not under the ship but displaced to bottom of page. Also the AD for the Light Multiphase Cutters are incorrect, it should be F=8, A=6, P=12 & S=12.

Please feel free to append your observations as I believe this will be a useful tool for Matt and his team.

Digger said:
Thought it might be useful to set up a thread detailing errata for P&P.

Please note this is not a bitchin thread, but an area to note mistakes in the new texts - It is not about broken rules okay!

So, having started reading the new book, I would note the following:

2. Page 15/16 - Tantalus Assault Cruiser - This ship is repeated twice, once on page 15 and then again on page 16.

don't have book in font of me and has been a few days since I read in detail but isn't one listed for EA Third Age and the other EA Crusade. not exactly space saving but follows format of main ship book.?

Gravitic shifters specifically mention all defences, and whether they work to reduce the damage... except shields. Do shields work?

Don't know if it's a typo or not,
the abbai ship is noted as skirmish, shouldn't it be patrol ?
(don't have the book with me, think it's the "fetula")

Why do you think it's a typo? Variants are often different PLs to their originals.

It would be very broken if it was patrol.

Burger said:
Gravitic shifters specifically mention all defences, and whether they work to reduce the damage... except shields. Do shields work?

Spoke to Greg about this last night - apparently not as shields prevent hits not damage - the wording specifcially includes AA and GEG as they do reduce / prevent damage?

Is the bit about energy mines breaking stealth still in the Minbari section, as it was in the playtest version? Unless the rules have changed so that only Minbari stealth is affected, it should either be somewhere more general or left out entirely, the rule having already been established that energy mines break everyone's stealth.

Agreed too. Putting it in the Minbari section does not necessarily mean that it doesn't apply to non-Minbari ships, but it does cause confusion and there might be some irritating people who try to get away with that at tournaments etc.

Digger said:
2. Page 15/16 - Tantalus Assault Cruiser - This ship is repeated twice, once on page 15 and then again on page 16.

I believe this is likely to correct.

The Tantalus on P15 is for 3rd Age and carries Aurora Starfuries, whereas the one on P16 is for Crusade Era and carries Thunderbolts.

Regards,

Dave

Seeing this ship I thought it was a patrol due to it's weapons and damage/crew, then I saw "skirmish level" ... ... ....
Have to check my 2nd E. book to compare it in deep with other abbai ships.

It's most similar to a Bisaria. Double the shields and more weapons in all arcs, and hull 5. Definitely a skirmish ship.

yes its a skirmish ship, i designed it as such and it has about half the firepower of a bimith (maybe little more but its less survivable).

Disconnects in P&P

Page 67, left column
Reactor, 4-5 Reactor Gas Leak - - in the rules on page 10 Reactor, 3-4 is Power Feedback, only 5 is Reactor Gas Leak

Vital Systems - - here 3 – Weapons Control & 4 – Secondary Explosions, but in the rules Secondary Explosions is 2 and Weapons Control is 4
Should a Fire start on a die roll of 3 – Engineering or 4 - Weapons Control??
Should 1d6 Fires start on a 4 - Weapons Control or a 2 - Secondary Explosions??

Right column, Opt Opt Rule - - here is “Explosive Decompression” is that supposed to be the same as in the rules under Crew, Localized Decompression ????

jtw

On the top of page 55, under the Minbari Space Station Stealth Module is says "No more than two Armour Modules may be attached to a single Core." It should state "No more than two Stealth Modules may be attached to a single Core."

And a few more errors/questions:
Shouldnt the Narn Hardened Module be one Hardpoint not two? Otherwise its completely useless next to the generic Habitation Module.

Does the Gravitic Shifter rule apply just to Brakiri (as written) or like the Emine is it a general clarification? (Hey only two ships even have Gravitic Shifters, and one appears in two lists)

The Shadow Psychic Scream states when the Shadow vessel moves within 6" it triggers. so its not triggered if the other vessel moves into range on its own violtion? And it wont trigger on future turns if your just parked there?

Back