Ordering Books

Hadrathas

Mongoose
I checked Mongoose's site of local stores that carry their products: I am in NorthEastern Pa and none of the stores in PA are local. Is there a reason Amazon does not carry these items when they are published? I was going to order from Mongoose direct but the shipping cost deters me - think it was near 7 or 8 bucks - too high, plus in a store or Amazon over 25 bucks, shipping is free. Thanks for the help!

Msybe not all the stores in PA that stock Conan are listed on the Mongoose site. They do have to ask to be put there after all.

LBH

lets see the information on rpg stores has huge holes in it for example the store in swindon there own home town is not listed best idea is post it as a question on the main forum you normally get a answer from someone there.

as for shipping thats up to you must amit tend to use one internet supplier over all due to reliabilty and quick delivery and use mongoose for items cannot get anywere else

hope that helps :D

Hey there, I wrote Mongoose about Amazon's not listing their future releases, and they said they'd look into it (but Amazon's not a big seller of their stuff compared to other companies). I also wrote Amazon directly, asking them to fix some of their product descriptions which were erroneous, and asking them to list more of the Conan products. They haven't done the latter, but they've made several fixes for describing several of the products.

May I suggest FRP games website, two of the players in my group recommended this site and while I haven't orderred from them yet I've found they list everything currently available. Shipping can be a little pricey, but the price is very good, so you make out all right, and they ship quickly my friends said. Here's their link to the Conan products page.

Hope this helps. :)

good site one of the few I have seen that offers the alantian edition instead of having to take pot luck they seem to be ready for sorcerrer box set but not towers,heratics or finest :?

Bregales said:
Hey there, I wrote Mongoose about Amazon's not listing their future releases, and they said they'd look into it (but Amazon's not a big seller of their stuff compared to other companies). I also wrote Amazon directly, asking them to fix some of their product descriptions which were erroneous, and asking them to list more of the Conan products. They haven't done the latter, but they've made several fixes for describing several of the products.

May I suggest FRP games website, two of the players in my group recommended this site and while I haven't orderred from them yet I've found they list everything currently available. Shipping can be a little pricey, but the price is very good, so you make out all right, and they ship quickly my friends said. Here's their link to the Conan products page.

Hope this helps. :)
Hey, I wrote the gamesite this weekend about missing products, and they added the current and prospective lineup to their Conan games page. They wrote, "A few do not have pictures released yet, but I will get them added soon! All the prices should be correct,"

Just thought I'd give a plug, as some of the gamers in my group have ordered from them before and recommend it. I'm gonna try myself later today. Shipping costs depend on quantity, bulk of order, so they don't list standard shipping prices like Amazon until you're checking out, but I have been told that they ship quickly.

Hope this helps.

Well, there aren't any WalMarts in the metro NYC area, and most of us denizens of Gotham don't have cars to get to Long Island or New Jersey, but I know they have a web site where you can order some things, so I'll give it a look.

The local book store here has had a lot of problems ordering Conan books, some they can get, some they can't. Wal-mart.com has been a big help and ordering straight from mongoose may be a little more on the shipping cost but it comes quick and in great shape.

At this time, here in Spain we only have the Conan Rulebook, The Scrolls of Skelos and the DM screen. The next Conan books are "Aquilonia" and "The Pirate isles", wich are now in process of tranlation.

Unfortunately, Edge, the publisher here, will not translate in first place "The Road of Kings". As it would be best for the players to have a wide description of the hyborian world, I've ordered it from mongoose, and if the delivery comes in good shape I'll look to buy other books... and maybe improve my english :mrgreen:

I found a local store who will order them for me - and a 1 day turn around at that - i have no idea how they do it so fast! I had forgotten one of the guys in my group orders the books and he told me where...must have had a senior moment. Thanks everybody!

Mendoza wrote:
Unfortunately, Edge, the publisher here, will not translate in first place "The Road of Kings".
I am not so sure.
If I weren't buying the books in English, I would rather have details even on just one region than an overview of the Hyborian world, which I think you can get just by reading a pair of the novels or in some non-RPG Conan websites.
It all depends in your group's needs. If you have your players on Aquilonia, it'll be good to have this sourcebook first.
If you plan to stage a campaign on Turan, well, then I can see your point.

I hope Edge translates "Across the Thunder River" soon. You'll like it. It is IMO the best book in the line yet. It makes Picts become quite threatening indeed.

Thought I'd give an update: I had written Amazon about the missing products, and they have listed almost all of them, including some that aren't even actually contracted yet (Arms & Armor lists Vincent Darlage as the author, but he hasn't been signed on to it yet), anyway, the only things missing at this point are the two adventures based on stories unless my serch attempts have been faulty: The Tower of the Elephant and The God in the Bowl.

By the way, in the interest of self-promotion, I had made a big Listmania list a while back and thought I'd include it here, it has the 21 current products in the Mongoose Publishing line and expected to be made line, not counting the adventures listed above:
Bregales Conan Roleplaying Resources

Cool list! Thanks. I've ordered most of my Conan books from Amazon.

Faith & Fervor sounds interesting. Any insight you can share Vincent? 8)

For those who have Tower of the Elephant, where are you guys located? It says its out but the comic book store I had order it still does not have it in. Likewise on Hyboria's Finest...said October release but its now November!

Welcome to the Mongoose distribution department- add 60 days to estimated time of release. Is it true they don't have a regular American distributor?

dont know about the american end but post is so bad in swindon have mine due too wife collecting it from mongoose towers :shock:

Back