Opposed tasks

Sunscale

Mongoose
I've noted in the skill descriptions where example skill checks are given, no task difficulty is given for opposed skill tests.

To me the description of Opposed Checks on page 59 is a bit brief. There needs to be a task difficulty assigned in order to obtain an effect value. Would it be the case that the task difficulty is the same for the 'protagonist' and the 'antagonist' in an opposed situation, in which case the referee just assigns a suitable difficulty, or can the task difficulties be different for each participant?.

Jason

Sunscale said:
I've noted in the skill descriptions where example skill checks are given, no task difficulty is given for opposed skill tests.

To me the description of Opposed Checks on page 59 is a bit brief. There needs to be a task difficulty assigned in order to obtain an effect value. Would it be the case that the task difficulty is the same for the 'protagonist' and the 'antagonist' in an opposed situation, in which case the referee just assigns a suitable difficulty, or can the task difficulties be different for each participant?.
The effect is always there no matter what difficulty is used. Average (8+) is assumed if difficulty is not specified.

Each dude having their own difficulty... That's normal for how I referee.

Back