Old releases in PDF ?

As a fan gesture, it might be worth putting out free PDF's of some of the books and games that arent being sold anymore, once current stock is out.

Just an idea.. there's some games that dont seem to get much sales or traction anymore, which it'd be a pity to completely lose access to

That is an idea with merit. although the cull that was supposed to happen yesterday doesn't seem to have happened on the website yet.

LBH

I sent an email to Mongoose asking that pdfs of lines not being supported, like Lone Wolf (OGL), have their Onebookshelf download prices reduced like Fantasy Flight has done. Such a gesture would only increase sales, as those pdfs probably aren't selling at the current prices, comparable to those of newly released pdfs. If the current prices were reduced significantly to reflect OOP status, I'd buy the entirety of the LW (OGL) line. Mongoose certainly has more leeway with pdf pricing. The profit margin tends to be in the publisher's favor, more so than print books anyway.

ccfan said:
I sent an email to Mongoose asking that pdfs of lines not being supported, like Lone Wolf (OGL), have their Onebookshelf download prices reduced like Fantasy Flight has done. Such a gesture would only increase sales, as those pdfs probably aren't selling at the current prices, comparable to those of newly released pdfs. If the current prices were reduced significantly to reflect OOP status, I'd buy the entirety of the LW (OGL) line. Mongoose certainly has more leeway with pdf pricing. The profit margin tends to be in the publisher's favor, more so than print books anyway.

I always felt that Mongoose pricing on PDFs is a bit steep anyway. I'd have bought a few bits and pieces before now, had the pricing reflected better the actual cost of putting pdfs "out there".

Novel idea. But considering most of the printed books are available at 50% off due to the liquidation sales, 75% off would be preferred.

The notion of OOP pdfs. reduced to one-third their original prices is welcome. It would make Mongoose comparable with Fantasy Flight, whose Dawnforge core pdf is now $10; the two splat books have been reduced to $5. I'd happily shell out $20 for the Lone Wolf (OGL) core plus Darklands and the Magic of Magnumund. Are any of the mongooses following this thread?

That scenario is probably the only one that would prompt me to purchase those pdfs. SRD based OGL is all but dead in the water outside of the pdf market anyway, with the exceptions of Conan and Babylon 5; but LW is directly compatible with neither. PDF buyers aren't likely to shell out $27 for an OOP core book... a couple of bucks here or there for a straight to pdf class book, but $27? One $10 sale is more profitable than zero $27 sales.

But if they were to reduce the prices, rest assured I'd be writing reviews on rpgnow to try to stir up interest for the upcoming Lone Wolf products.

Back