OGL Wild West

hassanisabbah

Mongoose
What exactly will this deliver in ways of system modifications to genre?

Will the Hp to Level system be tailored to suit the idea of Gunfights being about not getting shot but hitting first, or will this be incorporated into the system, or will it operate on a typical hp per level system (say d10 for Solider, d6 for Reporter).

Which Particular genre does it approch. For example, OGL Horror slanted towards pulpy modern horror movies, rather than literature, and slasher and Buffysque over the Lovecraftian.

Given the deliberate nature of the genocide of the Native American Population, and bigoted attitude predominate throughout this period of history, how does this product deal with this subject?

What Can I expect to find in here, that I couldn't in either the Cyberpunk or Horror game? Is this just a source book of classes, gear, feats and oddities.

I am toying with the idea of a western based game, but have yet to find one that interested me.

Hey hassanisabbah

We are currently playtesting OGL Wild West.

Although I can't tell you anything about the game, I can say I was very impressed with the brutality of combat and the simple mechanic for gunfights.

This game is one of the best we have playtested, you won't be disappointed.

Sam

I was very disappointed with horror, though I like the cyberpunk one... Horror didn't live up to the excellent d20 Cthulhu, Cthulhu, Armies of the Unknown or even Kult. No sense of mortal danger really, although the character class system, when tweeked, makes a nice addition and expansion of the d20 Cthulhu system.

What Sam said, I was DEAD impressed with OGL WW. Very. I've not seen all the OGL books from MP, but this one, IMO, is most excellent.

That's great to hear! I was working on a system for a "straight" western genre (no horror/Deadlands) that would have very deadly combat (hit points would rarely exceed 20 even at high levels -- DV would increase by class and level) when a friend pointed out this publication. So I've sidelined my work until its release.

Would have loved to have been in the playtest for it!

Amralyn (sp?) would make a superb world for an RPG. Especially seeing as it was based on an RPG in the first place.

Anyone connected with Mongoose able to tell us about OGL Wild West?

My players are asking about a Western game, and I'm not sure what to go with - Sidewinder: Reloaded, Gunslingers, or OGL Wild West.

Obviously, the whole damage/hit point thing is exceptionally important in this genre - is there anything new or unique about the system for this game?

I just recently ran a one-shot of classic 1st Ed. Boot Hill. Talk about your brutal combat system! I'm wondering if OGL WW will have anything similar in feel to that?

Jason Durall said:
Anyone connected with Mongoose able to tell us about OGL Wild West?

My players are asking about a Western game, and I'm not sure what to go with - Sidewinder: Reloaded, Gunslingers, or OGL Wild West.

Obviously, the whole damage/hit point thing is exceptionally important in this genre - is there anything new or unique about the system for this game?

All I can tell you is that OGL Wild West is the only game with a character class based on Dean Martin...

Not only are we hoping to have an adventure based around our town of Bent River, but the next season of Tales From Mongoose Hall will feature our Wild West campaign which starts shortly.

Mongoose Old Bear said:
Not only are we hoping to have an adventure based around our town of Bent River, but the next season of Tales From Mongoose Hall will feature our Wild West campaign which starts shortly.

Hello.

What is Tales From Mongoose Hall? I did a search around their web page and couldnt find anything about it.

Thanks

What is Tales From Mongoose Hall? I did a search around their web page and couldnt find anything about it.

Thanks

Its a (semi)regular article from the Signs & Portents magazine.

I'm looking forward to hearing how the Mongoose crew managed to screw up a Star Wars adventure.

Sam

Heron said:
Tales... is the best bit of S&P bar none :)

I still miss Casper *sniff*.

I'm sitting directly in front of the man who brutally killed Casper (Matthew) and he doesn't care. In fact Mark from Admin just came in and said he didn't care either. This is the type of pressure I'm under.

Isn't it about time that Old Bear GM'd a campaign.

Get a little payback!

I suggest Wild West as casualty rates will be high, what with bleeding and infection rules. Perhaps Matt's character would lose his gun arm, or something. :twisted:

Sam

Back