OGL Wild West Classes

Gun Metal

Mongoose
Hello Everyone. This is my first post here. I am waiting to get my copy of OGL Wild West. What classes are offered in this book?

Bob

Gun Metal said:
Hello Everyone. This is my first post here. I am waiting to get my copy of OGL Wild West. What classes are offered in this book?

Bob

CORE CLASSES
The Strong Hero
The Fast Hero
The Tough Hero
The Smart Hero
The Dedicated Hero
The Charismatic Hero

VOCATIONS
Gunslinger
Dude
Mountain Man
Miner
Lawman
Storekeeper
Stableman
Cowboy
Scout
Rustler
Robber
Boatman
Bartender
Settler
Soiled Dove
Tender Foot
Trooper
Journalist
Preacher
Gambler
Doctor

[some of the above have further sub divides]

Indian vocatiosn are provided too later in the book for:
Brave
Hunter
Chief
Shaman

I am going to run a campaign with Wild West, Victorian, Horror and Fantasy elements.

Other classes that I need are Acrobat (circus performer), Actor/Entertainer, Gypsy, Medium/Fortune Teller/Occultist, and Street Musician/Entertainer.

My friends and I will need to make these additional classes for our campaign, but I am wondering if anyone else has already designed these types?

Bob :)

Is OGL Wild West a complete game unto itself? I saw the free character sheet for it on the website. Does OGL Wild West have epxerience tables and all of the info required to make a character? Is OGL Wild West compatible with 3E monster stats?

Hey Gun metal

Wild West is a complete game. Character creation is based on the d20 Modern rules system, which means characters pick a character 'type', i.e. Strong hero. This is where character progression comes from, hit points, skill points, etc. This also gives you Talent trees which progress like feats. The player then chooses a vocation, i.e. Lawman, which have additional Vocation skills and unique Talent trees (feats).

Designing alternate Vocations for, lets say, Acrobat/Entertainer should be pretty easy. It's the talent trees which need some thought/imagination.

Good luck with your game and have fun.

Sam

Samvail1 said:
Hey Gun metal

Wild West is a complete game. Character creation is based on the d20 Modern rules system,

Good luck with your game and have fun.

Sam

Thanks for the explanations Samvail1.

Bob:)

Gun Metal said:
Is OGL Wild West a complete game unto itself?

Yes it is...you do not need any other books to play the game.

Does OGL Wild West have epxerience tables and all of the info required to make a character?

OGL WW doesn't have experience tables...there is a brief section recommending how to increase in levels. It pretty much is a hand waving exercise, but that is not a big deal.

All the other info you need to make a character is included.

Is OGL Wild West compatible with 3E monster stats?

Not really. 3E monsters use hit dice, OGL WW gives character's only +X number of points per level. You could figure out a solution, but it would take a bit of mental elbow grease.

Cowboy Tom said:
OGL WW doesn't have experience tables...there is a brief section recommending how to increase in levels. It pretty much is a hand waving exercise, but that is not a big deal.

Not really. 3E monsters use hit dice, OGL WW gives character's only +X number of points per level. You could figure out a solution, but it would take a bit of mental elbow grease.

Thanks Cowboy Tom.

My book arrived yesturday. OGL Wild West is a pretty helpful book. I was a little worried because I couldnt check it out in the stores first. But I am glad I ordered it now. I hope I can get my friends to play it.

Back