octurian paint question

Hi

On mine I use GW Codex grey, dulled down with black wash then highlighted with codex grey then fortress grey, for the purple I use GW liche purple, with white mixed in for highlights

Hope this helps

Al

I use Boltgun Metal for the grey areas, and Bleached Bone or Warlock Purple depending on the area. With some careful shading it seems to work well :)

Has anyone had any success with creating an iridescent effect with either the purples or blues? I don't know if a mix with the paint would be best or a clear varnish overcoat that provides the iridescence. I'm thinking I'd rather have it in the paint or at least below the final coat so I get a feeling of depth and shifting in the model but I don't know how to achieve it.

I used GW Midnight Blue= a shiny purple on black undercoat & gold for highlights. I never worried about the grey bits as i didn't like them.

thanks SQ right - now I am lazy so only three colours used at present - Blood Red and Gold plus black for engines

June15006.jpg

June15001.jpg

sorry about quality they are a bit less shiny than that..............

Just adding an ink wash to the red and gold will bring out a lot of the detail in that fleet DB

try a thinned down black(or brown) over the red with chestnut over the gold

Thanks. I decided on going with Captain Kremman's colors from the gallery. I use a rose metallic paint, then just mixed antique gold and a dark brown for the gold, and found a good mix of metallic silver and gunmetal grey

Back