NPC Stats/Generator

Itto

Mongoose
One thing as a GM used to do slow me down when sorting out RQ scenarios was NPC stats, especially the goons (fodder).

I used the squad sheet out the back of the RQ2 rulebook for years, but you still had to stat them all out. In the end I used to scribble a few notes, or just make them up as I went along. But I always felt like a bit a fraud and if these phantom NPCs actually killed a player I felt worse or sometimes fudge the skill chance, which I never did if I had the NPCs down in black and white.

So years latter and from paper boy to programmer I've knocked up a NPC generator. Its here for you to help ease those GM blues, or so that you look far more prepared than you really are for the game as your players knock on the door with bottles of cola, packets of crisp and dice in hand.

When I get my hands on the monster book I'll add broo, trolls etc

http://www.runegoons.co.uk

oh yes its all asp, browser based etc nothing to download and free, no registration and all that nonsense. Just a fan boy thing really :oops: .

That's very cool!

The only thing I can think of adding is to make it a little more flexible so you can roll up PCs as well. :)

Hyrum.

This will be really useful when you add some of the other races, even from the Core rules book (like Ducks and Broos).

I wonder how one would use this tool to make even more specialized NPCs 9such as shamans, sorcerers, polticians/nobles, merchants, war chiefs, etc.)

Michael Hopcroft said:
This will be really useful when you add some of the other races, even from the Core rules book (like Ducks and Broos).

I wonder how one would use this tool to make even more specialized NPCs 9such as shamans, sorcerers, polticians/nobles, merchants, war chiefs, etc.)

I am going to expand it, but I'm waiting to get hold of the relievent books etc. But one thing that you can do it copy the text and paste it into Word (or whatever) and add additional details.

One thing that I'm mulling over is doing a shoping list. One of the things that players always do is say "what cool/magic stuff can I buy for £#####". It will generate what might be available in the type of area they are in. So in the backwoods things like herbal poisons or venoms and some shamanic itesm would be generated, and in a large city lots of random do-dars. Save the old GM from scratching head and errming alot.

I've added the funtionality to allow folks to add new skills and also alter skill names. So now you should be able to create an NPC magic leader type :twisted:

Back