Nova class

EricRoss

Mongoose
I was looking at the EA Factbook and I noticed that there is what I believe to be an error in the weapons. You will notice that Twin-Linked Laser/Pulse Arrays do the same damage as the Laser/Pulse Arrays that are not linked. I modified the design to reflect that a Twin-Linked Laser/Pulse Array should do more damage. Here is my version:

Nova class Dreadnaught:
Colossal III Spacecraft: hp 650; DV 2 (-12 size, +4 agility); DR 22; Spd-; Acc 3; Dcc 2; Han +0; Sensor +1; Stealth 12; SQ Jump Point, Long-Ranged; Cargo 125,000lbs.; 4 Officers, 28 Pilots, 20 Sensor Operators, 62 Crewmen (114 total)

Beta Model Weapons:
Four Twin-Linked Laser/Pulse Arrays; 2 front, 2 rear; Attack +1 (targeting computer); Damage 40+6d10 laser/20+4d10 pulse; Critical 19-20/20; Range 5/2; Rapid Fire on Pulse only
Ten Laser/Pulse Arrays; 5 Left, 5 Right; Attack + (targeting computer); Damage 20+3d10 laser/10+2d10 pulse; Critical 19-20/20; Range 5/2; Rapid Fire on Pulse only
Four Mk I Interceptors; 2Front/Left/Right, 2 Rear/Left/Right; Attack +3 (targeting computer); Damage 10+2d10; Critical 20; Range 1; Rapid Fire

Craft
24 Starfuries, 2 Shuttles

EricRoss said:
I was looking at the EA Factbook and I noticed that there is what I believe to be an error in the weapons. You will notice that Twin-Linked Laser/Pulse Arrays do the same damage as the Laser/Pulse Arrays that are not linked. I modified the design to reflect that a Twin-Linked Laser/Pulse Array should do more damage. Here is my version:

A lot of the Starships have this "problem" and it's probably (though not definately until the author's (in this case Bruce Graw) say so) down to assumptions made about the Twin Linked attribute (ie the implicit statement that there are two weapons there (so roll two lots of damage for each strike).

The reason I particularly think so in this instance is that the author, Bruce Graw, was formally of Agents of Gaming, who produced the Babylon 5 Wars game on which the Mongoose starships stats are based so should know the originals pretty damn well, but perhaps not d20 as well ;)

Hopefully these, and the vast majority of starship problems we have found previously will be solved in the two new B5 ship-based books coming out soon.

The Shipbuilder's Manual and The Ships of the Galaxy

I did my best. :)

Bry

Mongoose Steele said:
The Shipbuilder's Manual and The Ships of the Galaxy

I did my best. :)

Bry

And we are all looking forward to seeing the fruits of your efforts - before mercilessly picking them apart! :twisted: :lol:

DW

Back