Nova Bolter prototype variant

In the earth alliance fleet list on page 19 of earth/minbari war manual the Nova bolter prototype is a battle level ship. but in the stats for the ship on page22 its a raid level.

Any one know which is correct?

Apologies if this has been posted before but I coudn't find any with the search engine

I'm fairly certain that it should be a Battle level ship, given the increased armour and improved weapons fit. I think this was answered when the book originally came out but I'm not 100% certain. There also seems to be a mistake with the Orestes Dreadnought stats in that it has a F arc laser and boresighted heavy pulse cannon. I think these are reversed as no EA ship has non-boresighted beam weapons other than the laser/pulse arrays on the Nova and Warlock classes.

Iain McGhee said:
I'm fairly certain that it should be a Battle level ship, given the increased armour and improved weapons fit. I think this was answered when the book originally came out but I'm not 100% certain. There also seems to be a mistake with the Orestes Dreadnought stats in that it has a F arc laser and boresighted heavy pulse cannon. I think these are reversed as no EA ship has non-boresighted beam weapons other than the laser/pulse arrays on the Nova and Warlock classes.

I do agree and play this Nova varient at Battle level as well. I also switch the wpns on the Orestes. The Hyperions in this supplement also have bore sighted heavy pulse cannons. Than they put the HPCs in turrets for the Vanguard defense flotilla which predates the hypeions by 30+ years. While I do like this book it does have some conflicts and you should sit down with your opponents and talk about them beforehand.

I'd expect that the "Early Years" fleet list that will be in Armageddon will replace the one in the Earth/Minbari war book anyway and that should correct any oversights.

Hm....I don't know if any of the E-M vessels will make it to the early list, buts a very interesting idea!

I hadn't even though if the status of those ships would change at all...

Chern

control freak said:
In the earth alliance fleet list on page 19 of earth/minbari war manual the Nova bolter prototype is a battle level ship. but in the stats for the ship on page22 its a raid level.

Any one know which is correct?

Apologies if this has been posted before but I coudn't find any with the search engine

It's Raid, I distinctly remember the ruling went with the ship stat page PL.

Found it thanks to a post of Greg Smith's:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11813&highlight=bolter+nova

LBH

Raid level !

That's certainly a lot of bang for your buck. Of course it'll still last for about ten seconds against the Minbari. Which is five seconds more than a standard Nova.

Back