Noble-Sorcerer

Voltumna

Mongoose
The Social ability savoir-faire of the noble says that when you perform with stunning flair, one of the effect of the ability can be that you gain a bonus to your "charisma-based skills"

Since a magic attack roll uses the charisma modifier, could the bonus of the savoir-faire be aplied to that?

Voltumna said:
The Social ability savoir-faire of the noble says that when you perform with stunning flair, one of the effect of the ability can be that you gain a bonus to your "charisma-based skills"

Since a magic attack roll uses the charisma modifier, could the bonus of the savoir-faire be aplied to that?

I'd say no. The bonus to charisma-based skills is predicated upon other people seeing you succeed remarkably with something (check roll of five or more higher than DC). In other words, it ultimately comes from other peoples' perceptions of you. Your magic attack bonus has less to do with what other people think than with the sheer force of your personality and will - at least that's my take on it.

Also, magic attack isn't a skill, it's a class ability likes saves or BAB.

No; a magic attack roll isn't a skill check and the Savoir-faire ability only applies to skills.

Later.

Yeah, I know a magic attack is not technically a skill, but it relies on charisma, something nobles are very good with. Maybe spells that require verbal and somatic components could benefit from savoir-faire, since they are a kind of performance. I think it is plausible, and would work great for a Stygian Noble-Sorcerer, for whom both are favoured classes. Could work with Hyborians too. Heck, I think it would work for any race that can have this combination of classes, since both are based on social power and status. It would work on a context where the power and status of the noble-sorcerer is well well known. Nobles are expected not only to be paragons of their nations, but they are always looked up to, and expected to behave in extraoirdinary ways, above the common man.

I'd say it'd work with Rirual Magic because that is focusing a group in to a single effort and aperformance rolled up into one- which is a definarion of leadership- but only for the purposes of Perform (ritual) roll in gaining Power Points. Since Magic is more an act of Will than Seduction, I'd say the Noble/Scholar [of which I have one in my game 8)] shouldn't get the bonus.

Raven

Back