No FOTW

At the moment, we are still on line for the 12th - the only things that are likely to affect this are larger than expected orders for Conan, Slaine and CTA.

However, two bits of good news. First, the last of FftD will be off tomorrow. Second, we know how many FotW to expect now, so we will be able to reserve enough printing time to hit the vast majority (if not all!) of orders right from the bat, rather than trying to squeeze in runs here and there.

Well that's good to know (although shifting the printing date to the 12th means the slim chance of it having turned up in time for my birthday on the 10th has no turned into no chance so at least I won't be disappointed by something not happening that only had a tiny chance of happening anyway :)).

I think I'll paint some Giaks......

saztam said:
So which is it.. did they ship out in august, or are they shipping tomorrow? Or do you even know and are just blowing smoke?

That's a bit rude. He said the LAST of FftD will go out tomorrow.

Magistus said:
saztam said:
So which is it.. did they ship out in august, or are they shipping tomorrow? Or do you even know and are just blowing smoke?

That's a bit rude. He said the LAST of FftD will go out tomorrow.

Yeah, but it was also stated that the last of FftD will have been shipped about two weeks ago.

I have been giving Mongoose benefit of the doubt, but with the pushing back of Fire on the Water I was suspicious that they were doing it because they hadn't finished shipping FftD... looks like I might have been right.

I've been a big defender of Mongoose, but I do think you guys need to be straight forward with us here. Hopefully this really is truly the "last batch" of initial FFTD orders being shipped out.

I do hope you all are working to streamline the logistics of your shipping system. It's going to be a long 3 years otherwise.

And now my post is gone.. Looks like they don't like people telling the truth.

On august 22nd It was posted that the last of FFtD was leaving the warehouse that friday.. Now they push back the date of FotW AND state that the last of the FFtD will go out the end of THIS week.

Please stop jerking us around. It's been nothing but one excuse after another .

Tabris said:
I've been a big defender of Mongoose, but I do think you guys need to be straight forward with us here. Hopefully this really is truly the "last batch" of initial FFTD orders being shipped out.

I can say now it won't - because we are _still_ getting orders. However, all orders that were placed before friday have now left the building (as they say).

msprange said:
Tabris said:

I can say now it won't - because we are _still_ getting orders. However, all orders that were placed before friday have now left the building (as they say).

Well there's the problem, they're all being hand delivered by Elvis.... 8) :lol:

LBH

Hi guys,

FotW is all printed out, bound and just waiting for cases - assuming no imminent catastrophes, they will all be made tomorrow and will ship this week!

lastbesthope said:
Cases? You going to be shipping them in special packaging this time?

LBH

Oh I do hope so. That'd stop the lazy postman forcing it through the letterbox and bending the corners out of shape again (probably damaging the cover and spine as he did so).

BlackCat said:
So... are they shipped? And what about the softcover edition of book 1?

They are beginning to be shipped - remember, our mail order department is a guy called Russell, and it will take him a couple of days to work through them all :)

The softback FftD are having their first run next week.

Back