No FFTD

My copy arrived today. The binding's a little tight but I can read the book no problems. I assume that means I haven't got a defective copy. The book seems to be designed so that you aren't so dependent on being able to see the centre of the book, with images and stuff coming close to the edge of the page, so this suggests to be a certain level of tightness is normal. One thing though: on the front and back covers, the shiny coating of the cover looks like it might have a bit of air inside or something on the edge closest to the spine. Doesn't seem worth sending it back over though.

Just got my FftD this evening. It's in good shape, but it was bound a little crooked: one side of the spine sticks out at angles to the other. Not at big deal.

Oh happy days!!!! Mine arrived yesterday. It was checked by the customs at the airport and repacked nicely and tight. But the dang blasted postman, instead of leaving it in the mailbox or sliding it on the floor to my door, he threw it over the gate!!! As a result, the bottom edge of the spine got squashed a little. I'm gonna tell him off when I see him.

Otherwise, it is in good condition, almost perfect except for the map at the front page which wasn't glued evenly. No probs!!! FotW, you're up next! Thanks MGP.

BlackCat said:
fly80 said:
Thanks everyone.
My pleasure, although, for my part, I didn't do anything. :D

<TUT> And this is the direction of the New Order Kai??? It almost makes me want to go over and see what those NAK guys are doing.

:mumble: probably having all-night parties (and I've heard them Nadziranim can work wonders with their shape-changing..), and DEFINATELY no early morning classes in the history of Lord Blithering Idiot in the year MS3847 :mumble:

Well, I ordered the mega deal and I still have not receaved my copy of Flight from the Dark. On a related note shipping for my copy of Elric was completed in about 5 business days. Is there any word on when the books will be shipped for those still waiting for thier copies of the FFTD collectors editions?

I finally got my own copy. It is a little crooked at some edges and not really symmetrical but that's not a big deal as it is perfectly readable. So I can say I'm happy with my copy of FftD.

Yay finally got my first mega-deal book. Just arrived today (Oct3rd), looks to be in good condition at first glance, but I haven't tried reading it yet or examined it closely :)

Ordered Mega-Deal on August 28th - received my copy of FFTD today. Apart from two small dents in the cover the book seems to be in nearly pristine condition.

The only thing I possibily could complain about is that I don´t have enough spare time to read FFTD as much as I would like. :(

Got my replacement copy today... it needed really a lot of time.
Package:
I complained about the "worst in the world package for a book" style of Mongoose that keep on sending them in a light and soft poorly padded envelope with no protection for the corner and the hardcover.
They probably have heard me so they cover the book with a second handed not fully closed and bad taped with packing tape bubble wrap.
Totally insufficient.
Preservation
However somehow the book got less hurted than the previous. lucky me.
The corner are not angled, the cover is less adrift than before but again slightly signed and with little air bubble.
The book
New is the inner spine tissue that don't cover completly the glued side of the book and that is too long so that it can be seen by watching the book from the side.
The inner spine is closer to the back and the book is easier to open than before, but not enough to read freely.
The book is again kept togheter by 2 page per side and i'm afraid that these pages will break after some reading (or at least they will be ruined).
The book don't stay totally closed but about 5mm opened and the outer pages are slightly waved.
Images
The image seem to be uncutted this time, only one image, the scroll at the beginning of the book, is cutted at the top.
The map of north magnamund now fit the page with no side of the scroll cutted and was redone changing the colour of the text from black to white so that it can be readed easier except some name. I have to say that this is a cheap correction but better than before. The map now is brighter to partially solve the problem of the previous edition darker one.
However the map is not centered, the top margin is at least double of the bottom one.
Here an image. Sorry for the quality but the book cant be opened 180° and even like this the first page (the map) risk to be damaged due to the unprofessional binding of the book.

Other
Almost all the pages of the book has a 2-3mm long black line at the top outer corner that can be seen even from the side of the book (like if you mark the side with a pencil) that is totally without a reason.
The rest of the book content (text and images) almost fit the the pages but everything with different random margin.

Looking at the book I know that my previous was indeed defective but is also clear that the problem is the way Mongoose produced the book.
The whole book lack of editorial conventions, margins are random and content location is not centered.
Binding is really a problem because is inconstant and inadequate and make the reading difficult.
The book was not made thinking about readers.

However this copy is better than the previous but I doubt the quality could rise too much from that if they don't fix the design issues and the approximative production.

Someones known when the paperback will be out?

I got my CE book on 10/4/07 and it was shipped on 9/28/017, the first got lost in the mail. The binding was a little too tight, but I can forgive. Thanks Mongoose for being awsome! Anxiously waiting for the next installment.

Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for mine to arrive in California. I pre-ordered on August 1...:(

I got an e-mail from Russell (rveal?) in September saying that my payment was indeed received and that my copy should be shipped soon...I just hope to get this book before Thanksgiving holiday because I want to order the Mega-Deal, but I'm going to be moving in the next two months.

I sure hope I get a Collector's Edition, and not a normal edition. It would really be disappointing to have waited for so long and not even get what I ordered....

/me keeps fingers crossed.

Pakwan Kenobi said:
Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for mine to arrive in California. I pre-ordered on August 1...:(

I got an e-mail from Russell (rveal?) in September saying that my payment was indeed received and that my copy should be shipped soon...I just hope to get this book before Thanksgiving holiday because I want to order the Mega-Deal, but I'm going to be moving in the next two months.

I sure hope I get a Collector's Edition, and not a normal edition. It would really be disappointing to have waited for so long and not even get what I ordered....

/me keeps fingers crossed.

You don't need to worry about not getting a Collector's Edition, they aren't limited edition.

Back