No FFTD

einsamerwolf said:
i cannot believe it: it is in my hands

and it really looks great.

it is so thick it doesn"t fit in my postbox

:eek:

i received a blue card at 30/08 (midday)

so i went to my post office today.

Next time i will pay with Paypal (credit card)
so i have to pay it 28 days later

i will order book 2 one to three days before 06/09
so don"t be suprised :p

Which country are you in?

More than one month, and still I do not have Flight from the Dark!!

I am freaking out with this people!! Have I wait more than a month for each Lone Wolf book??

By the way, I live in Texas, and they charge me the money to my visa more than one month ago!!!!!

Which country are you in?

i am from germany.

date of payment: 31.07 (day.month)
day of sending: 24.08
card in my post box: 30.08
received it from post office: 31.08

mongoose could not answer my questions if item was shipped

they told me to wait up to 10.09.
but my book was already shipped

binding does not look that trustworthy
but book looks really great, worth waiting.

Buy collectors edition for book shelf
and paperback for playing ;-)

Here's a question for U.S. customers: How many days did it take for the USPS to get your book to you? Mongoose told me mine would leave the U.S. warehouse last Thursday... still no book though...

Ser Andrew said:
Here's a question for U.S. customers: How many days did it take for the USPS to get your book to you? Mongoose told me mine would leave the U.S. warehouse last Thursday... still no book though...

Ordered 21 july. Still waitin'. :)

Mine haven't arrived yet. Wonder if Mongoose ever received my order/payment??? I think it's almost a month now.

Ser Andrew said:

Still waiting.

Still have not heard a REASONABLE explanation as to why our books have not gotten to us, but yet they have our money.

I also love how people who DIDN'T pre-order have already gotten theirs.

Still waiting.

Still have not heard a REASONABLE explanation as to why our books have not gotten to us, but yet they have our money.

LOL, I ordered mine on the 8th of July and I *KNEW* I wouldn't be getting mine anytime soon for a couple of reasons:

First, I paid $5 or so for INTERNATIONAL shipping (I'm in the US). That means that it is going to take a couple of weeks.

Second, there was a postal strike in the UK, so, add a couple of weeks there.

Third, I did order a product that got an unexpected demand, so all bets are off when they may be able to fill the order.

Now, I'm willing to be that those who got theirs before you were closer to UK than you, so no conspiracy is going on here. Please learn patience ;)

And, yes, I did learn my lesson and promptly ordered the 2nd book... I'm now hoping to get them both at the same time!

Crackerjack said:
Still waiting.

LOL, I ordered mine on the 8th of July and I *KNEW* I wouldn't be getting mine anytime soon for a couple of reasons:

First, I paid $5 or so for INTERNATIONAL shipping (I'm in the US). That means that it is going to take a couple of weeks.

Second, there was a postal strike in the UK, so, add a couple of weeks there.

Third, I did order a product that got an unexpected demand, so all bets are off when they may be able to fill the order.

Now, I'm willing to be that those who got theirs before you were closer to UK than you, so no conspiracy is going on here. Please learn patience ;)

And, yes, I did learn my lesson and promptly ordered the 2nd book... I'm now hoping to get them both at the same time!

We are now 5 weeks PAST the release date for the book.

Thats a bit too much to wait. The first thing you mentioned was shipping.. Thats funny seeing as how when I suggested that they use a different carrier or allow the customer to select the type of shipping with charges attached, the answer I got was that this was not a shipping problem. Yet TWO of the points you gave were shipping problems.

This has gone beyond unreasonable. They have my book, they have my money, and all I have gotten for the past couple of weeks was the run around.

Any other company would be doing everything they can right now to get me my book. Just so I could buy the others. Being a long time LW fan, I had planned on buying all of the CE versions as well as the paperbacks.

At this point, I have NOT ordered book two, nor will I order any others until I am reasonably compensated OR a sincere apology is given to me.

All I can do now is wait, and post here in hopes of warning others to not order their products.

Saztam, I'll give you an example here.

On the forums here, Mongoose promised that the remainder of unshipped FFTD would be shipped out on Friday, August 24. I live in the US, specifically in the Midwest. On that same Friday, I placed an order with Charles Tyrwhitt, the London clothing store, who (for whatever reason) ships all online orders from the UK, despite having several US stores.

From my past 3 orders with Tyrwhitt, it takes around 12-15 "mail delivery days" (Monday - Saturday) for their shipments to arrive from the UK via air mail. I still have not received my shipment from Tyrwhitt, nor my copy of FFTD from Mongoose, despite having pre-ordered and having ordered the Megadeal.

I am willing to cut them both some slack. Now, if by Wednesday or Thursday of next week, I do not receive either package, I will begin to wonder, and if I don't receive anything by Friday of next week, I will post an inquiry to both.

However, from lots and lots of experience sending and receiving international mail, unless you pay top dollar for international priority shipping (IE FedEx) it is going to take around 2.5-3 full weeks for you to receive your package internationally from the UK.

I must have generated some good karma at some point... the book finally arrived today. Now let the waiting begin for book 2... :roll:

From Malaysia here. I've ordered on Aug 13 I think and still haven't received the book. Wonder if Mongoose got my order and payment? They don't have any confirmation of purchased made except the bill I get from my CC/Paypal..... :?: Almost a month now.....

Sorry to rub it in guys, but my wife has just told me my copy of FftD has arrived today. Not sure about the quality of the book yet, I'll tell you on monday if there are any defects.

In defence of MGP...

1. the guys are manufacturing all (I believe) their merchandise in-house.

2. as far as publishing 'houses' go, MGP is comparitively tiny. A fact that I did not appreciate until my visit.

3. MGP have a large protfolio for their size, which is not limited to the Lone Wolf brand.

Back