News on Heretics of Tarantia - October 2005

Strom

Mongoose
I was flipping thru Game Trade magazine (Aug. 2005) and it has a small blurb about the adventure Heretics of Tarantia:

Heretics of Tarantia is a story of intrigue, backstabbing, politics, and murder in that most princely of cities, Tarantia, capital of Aquilonia, the Flower of the West, and is designed for character levels 5th-7th. Scheduled to ship in October 2005.

Only shows the cover to the core rulebook. But with Conan as King he just might be a NPC! Mid-level adventure sounds real good as well. 8)

Looking forward to seeing the cover!

Edit: They have the purchase price at $9.95

Strom said:
I was flipping thru Game Trade magazine (Aug. 2005) and it has a small blurb about the adventure Heretics of Tarantia:

Heretics of Tarantia is a story of intrigue, backstabbing, politics, and murder in that most princely of cities, Tarantia, capital of Aquilonia, the Flower of the West, and is designed for character levels 5th-7th. Scheduled to ship in October 2005.

Only shows the cover to the core rulebook. But with Conan as King he just might be a NPC! Mid-level adventure sounds real good as well. 8)

Looking forward to seeing the cover!

Edit: They have the purchase price at $9.95

Sounds cool! And $9.95 isnt bad. Those damn Tarantian Heretics! When will they learn? And the Big Guy as an NPC- too! Cool! I'm reminded of a great King Conan comic where plotters conspire ('cause thats what they do) to have Conan eaten by a T-Rex on a mountain plateau. I remember the lead wizard conspirator kept going on about his love of "sweet meats," and finally gets his just desserts in the maw of the T-Rex! Haw haw! But, thanks for the heads up, Strom, I'll look out for it!

The cover is up!

conanheretics.jpg

I like the descriptive write up as well!

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/rpg/detail.php?qsID=1035&qsSeries=Conan

got mine today and its as good as tower also have in this book a lot of detail on tarantia including a city map so plenty of use after the adventure too so two thumbs up at least 8)

Sweet! You beat me to it toothill. Thanks for posting though - I'm heading to the FLGS tomorrow ! 8)

oops heratics was the second book I got and with the city map is very conan ie the ending is not black and white 8) a 2 thumbs peice of work :wink: 8)

toothill man said:
oops heratics was the second book I got and with the city map is very conan ie the ending is not black and white 8) a 2 thumbs peice of work :wink: 8)

Thanks for the compliment, senor. :)

if its brilliant people should be told 8) what I do really like is the abilty to reuse the setting afterwards for me a sign of a good setting also the conan feel is great and all for £5 what more could you want apart from lots more the same.

Holy cow, the gaming store in NYC still hasn't gotten Tower of the Elephant, and you guys have gotten Heretics already?!

Well, thanks for the info, am eagerly awaiting da stuff over here.

toothill man said:
if its brilliant people should be told 8) what I do really like is the abilty to reuse the setting afterwards for me a sign of a good setting also the conan feel is great and all for £5 what more could you want apart from lots more the same.

toothill - I realize it is a backstapping, political behind the scenes type adventure, but what kind of hack factor would you give it? Without giving away the story, I'm hoping an evil cult is involved! Still haven't picked it up obviously!

the answer is very conan as it is yes and no :shock: cannot go into more detail apart from to say not everything is black or white :wink: when you can get your hands on it you will see what I mean sorry cannot say more without giving stuff away which would be very unfair so will just say again buy it when you can its a gem 8)

Back