Newbie looking for players/demo game

Hi all! I've been lurking the forums here and at Evocomm for a month or two now since I first heard of BF: Evo, and I've become fairly interested in the game, and I was wondering if there are any players in the Southern California (US) area, particularly near Fullerton or Irvine, who have the time and minis to play a demo game with me. I really would like to see how the game plays before I sink some of my very limited supply of money into it and I also want to be sure there are at least one or two players in the area so I'll actually have someone to play with. So, anyone up for it?

Come over to www.evocommand.com Boomgoose is a California MI (runs demos). He can help you find other California Players. Just post in the forums, tell them the Old Soldier sent ya.

Hey admiralhackbar, welcome, and glad to see you're getting into Battlefield Evolution. As The Old Soldier said, I'm also in SoCal, very close to Fullerton, and would be happy to demo a game or two with you. I'll shoot you a PM and we can get down to specifics.

Bg

Sgt. Brassones said:
If you guys want a third player I'm half way between Fullerton and Irvine.

I'm sure you could show both of us a thing or two, Sarge. I'll keep you posted when some dates start to firm up.

I had no idea so many people played locally... I'm in Irvine, too. I found out about the game earlier today when I saw the miniatures/advanced rule book and I nearly bought it on impulse (but the cost held me back).

I don't know of any gaming shops around the OC, then again, I'm relatively new to the area. Can someone recommend something? Thanks!

Ferocious Dinosaur said:
I had no idea so many people played locally... I'm in Irvine, too. I found out about the game earlier today when I saw the miniatures/advanced rule book and I nearly bought it on impulse (but the cost held me back).

I don't know of any gaming shops around the OC, then again, I'm relatively new to the area. Can someone recommend something? Thanks!

Well, it depends on how far you're willing to go. Off the top of my head there's Comic Quest in Lake Forest/El Toro, the Realm in Brea, and Game Castle in... I think Anaheim. There's also Game Master in the Laguna Hills Mall, but they're kind of iffy and not a 'real' game store. CQ has fallen far from its former glory, and at current they have I think 1 gaming table and a limited amount of terrain, I don't know what they have going in terms of regular events. The Realm is smaller than CQ, but has a couple of gaming tables and lots of terrain, and a website for organizing play groups. Game Castle is huge and has a good number of gaming tables, but I've only been there once so I don't know much more. Game Master isn't even worth going to unless you know they have what you want on sale.

There's also Brookhurst Hobbies in Garden Grove ( www.brookhursthobbies.com ) and The Warhouse in Long Beach (a little far but it's where I hang out on weekends).

Yup, Game Castle is on Anaheim off the 57 freeway, and it has lots of gaming space. Last time I was there, Warmachine was pretty big. Don't know if they carry BFevo, but I'll put in a call and see.

Ferocious Dinosaur said:
The only store I knew of was Adventurers Guild in Riverside, but that's a bit of a drive.
I wont Talk about them, but there is als GMI in Riverside [more twords Rubidux] off of Liminite and Clay that has a lot of table and laots of terain. the only catch is thay they charge $2.00 to use the table bor the day, but that is not that much of a problem.

Back