New to Rune Quest and wondering...

Mage said:
Its ghostbusters. I don't need a reason. It sounds bloody terrible.

If I recall, it was actually pretty fun. Definitely meant as one time campaigns, and not meant to carry a character through a series of em. I think the closest modern equivalent would be the men in black game... only not bad.

Mage said:

It was an absolute hoot. It really captured the flavour of the films and was damned funny to read (especially the sample contract small print). This was the game that signalled to Chaosium that they could make it as a design house more than as a publisher. Things didn't pan out that way, but Ghostbusters was a real gem.

Loz said:
Mage said:

It was an absolute hoot. It really captured the flavour of the films and was damned funny to read (especially the sample contract small print). This was the game that signalled to Chaosium that they could make it as a design house more than as a publisher. Things didn't pan out that way, but Ghostbusters was a real gem.

Yeah. In a somewhat similar vien, Paranoia sounds "bloody terrible" and is fun to play too.

THe D6 system used in Ghostbusters is still around, and is actually a pretty decent system, with a half dozen RPGs built on it, most notably Star Wars.

Now Tank Girl on the other hand....

Back