New - Citadel Beyond the North Wind and Elementalism

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Two new books have just arrived for Legend - the follow up to the Spider God's Bride and Arcania of Legend: Elementalism!

Arcania of Legend: Elementalism
Elementalism is the latest volume of the Arcania of Legend series, presenting a new way of looking at elementalism. Designed to slot seamlessly into any fantasy-based Legend game, these sourcebooks enhance and expand the use of magic, adding a new dimension to campaigns.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/rpgs/legend/legend/arcania-of-legend-elementalism.html

Citadel Beyond the North Wind
The follow-on from the acclaimed Spider-God's Bride , Citadel Beyond the North Wind contains a sandbox setting for classic sword & sorcery adventures. Includes Song of the Beast Gods!

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/rpgs/legend/legend/citadel-beyond-the-north-wind.html

No, it doesn´t. I bought this book a few weeks ago, and only includes Citadel beyond the North Wind, not Song of the Beast-Gods.

Cronista said:
No, it doesn´t. I bought this book a few weeks ago, and only includes Citadel beyond the North Wind, not Song of the Beast-Gods.
Really? Just am planning to get this and hoping it includes the adventures as well.

I get mine from Nobleknight, and not, not includes Song of the Beast Gods. Actually, the book only have 56 pages, not 116, how appeared in the page of NK (they changed that after I told them about that). In the cover back says that, same in the catalog "Includes the Song of the Beast Gods adventure!", but not. I told that to Nobleknight, they answer me that all the copies of the book are the same.

May be it was a mistake with the file to be printed, I don´t know. The only thing I know for sure is that it not includes SotBG.

Citadel includes some backgrounds representing diferent estates of civilization: Enlightenment, decadent and degenerate. And there is some information about the cultures living in the north.

Lord High Munchkin said:
rabindranath72 said:
Does Song contain info about the cultural backgrounds in Xoth?
Are they the same as basic backgrounds in the rule book?
That's the problem; in RQ/Legend characters are defined by cultural backgrounds, but in Spider there's absolutely nothing about them. Are Lamurans civilised or nomadic? What about Khorans? We get a bunch of descriptions, and mostly pointless racial traits.

In Citadel we get a few more cultural backgrounds, and at least NPCs are described in terms of Cultural Backgrounds. Somewhat better than Spider, but a better organised description would have helped.

Overall, I am really unimpressed and not really happy with my purchase :x

Perhaps I have been reading Sword and Sorcery novels and playing these games for too long, but it didn't even occur to me that the lack of this information was an issue. I considered that their absence might, in fact, be deliberate with the intent of allowing GM fiat within their own vision of Xoth.

The Xoth stuff is a homage to the writings of Howard et al. I didn't find it difficult to assign certain cultures as being typical of certain nationalities based on this. My final designations were, more or less, the same as Wolf's.

I'm fond of options in a lot of the things that I do, so to include them in SGB seems like a good choice for those GMs that might not grok the Xoth-style of world.

Yeah, I absolutely understand that. Just pointing out that my own gaming and reading background meant that this lack of this information didn't phase me, or make me feel that the product was any less usable. :)

Back