Need Adventure Ideas...

Solomani666

Mongoose
I am currently refereeing a Traveller campaign with my girlfriend with the occasional addition of another friend who has played a variety of rolls throughout the campaign.

This is her first character and campaign and her character is as follows:

----------

Name: Sophia Shakti

Career: Entertainer Rank 2 (Dilettante / Artist / Dancer and Singer)

Homeworld: Regina/Regina

Str: 06
Dex: 11 (+1)
End: 08
Int: 09 (+1)
Edu: 10 (+1)
Soc: 09 (+1)
Psi: 10 (+1)

Her mother is actually a secret member of the Regina Psionics Institute
and has been training Sophia to use her latent talents since birth
under the guise of 'meditations' and 'visualations' for personal excellence.
Sophia is completely unaware of her psionic talents and so is the player.
(She is not a member of this forum)
Her talents are either always active and are played in game as 'intuitions' or 'feelings'
or kick in during a desperate situations subject to a die roll for success.

Her psionic talents are as follows:
Enhanced Acrobatics
Enhanced Art
Read Emotions
Shield

Skills:
Admin - 0
Art - 1 (Dancing)
Art - 1 (Singing)
Athletics - 1 (Dexterity)
Carouse - 0
Comms - 1
Computers - 0
Deception - 1
Flyer - 0 (Grav)
Investigate - 1 *
Medic - 0
Melee - 0 (Unarmed) **
Language - 0 (Vargr)
Persuade - 1
Stealth - 1 *
Streetwise - 1 *
Zero-G - 0 ***

* Skills Package
** Learned from her big brother
*** Zero-G ballet training

Career History:
1 - Regina School of the Performing Arts (Honors)
Your dance company goes on a subector tour. (Gain 3 contacts)
2 - Entertainer (Rank:2 Title:Artist)
You participate in a celebrity charity event. (Gain Athletics skill)

Portfolio:
Stocks 750,000cr (5625cr monthly with no risk)
15% Owner of Lothrain Free Company. (Only after papers are signed in person)
(Located in hex 0602 in District 268)

20,000cr

TAS Membership
High passage ticket every 2 months.
Use of TAS hostels and facilities.

Tukera Lines Executive Family Pass
Medium passage on any Tukera Lines liner with an unoccupied stateroom.

Contacts:
Alexi Maludia - Magician
Madrid Straaker - Promoter
Deatie "Durango" Vasingua - Starport Security Consultant

Rivals:
Dame Tzara Von Haut-Scherborne - Entertainer in her dance company.

Enemies:
Weymon Savilian - Phycopathic paparazzi scumbag who has a secret sexual obsession with her.

Family:
Father - Dorian Shakti - High ranking executive for Tukera Lines, LIC.
Tukera is the premier Imperial shipping corporation.
Mother - Bianca Shakti - High ranking executive for Reginavations.
Reginavations is a creater of high-end beauty and anti-aging products (anagathics).
Older Brother (Age 30)- Stephan Shakti - Lieutenant in the Imperial Navy.
Handsome, charismatic, bad-ass.
Younger Brother (Age 18) - Zek Shakti - Gets into lots of trouble.

----------

The story so far:

The final performance of Dark Swan by the graduating class was being broadcast system wide and attended by nearly every noble person who is a patron of the arts on Regina. Sophia was awarded the leading dance roll while Tzara was awarded the secondary lead roll.

Being a Dame, Tzara has her click of groupies from the dance company that trash talk Sophia and bitch about how Tzara should be the lead dancer and be the 'white swan'.

Tzara hatches a plot to outshine Sophia by breaking from her prescribed solo routine and performing a dance of her own creation that is much more difficult. She pulls it off successfully.

Sophia, seeing what Tzara has done, decides to dance an even more difficult routine, goes into a trance where she recalls one of her mothers 'lessons', rolls a natural 12, and literally brings the audience to tears. Sophia collapses just after the curtains are drawn and has to be supported by both male leads for her curtsy. The standing ovation lasts 30 minutes.

Backstage the local Count and Countess, who are avid patrons of the arts, invite the entire company plus family to an extravagant weekend party at their mansion. They pay special attention to Sophia because of her magnificent performance making her their honored guest.

Her rival has now become an enemy.

Leaving the theater late because of interviews, while exiting the service entrance in an ally, Sophia and her girlfriend pass by a waiting grav limousine and are gently 'kidnapped' by a unassuming man (think Mozzie from White collar) and his not so unassuming bodyguard. They are taken to Regina General Hospital to meet a dying Marquis whose death bed wish is to meet Sophia before he expires. He has been a secret admirer of hers (not the creepy kind) and saw her performance in the Tri-V.

He signs over to her his 15% stake in Lothrain Free Company that he financed as a start-up company. Because it is outside of the Imperial domain his greedy heirs will have a hard time contesting it, nor will they want it after finding out that that ownership must be claimed and signed for IN PERSON.

----------

Sometime in the future while sitting in a TAS lounge she will see a news report of her broker being taken away in cuffs by Imperial police for suspected Ine Givar money laundering leaving her and most of her families assets frozen. Conveniently, both of her parents will be trailward in the Imperium proper on business trips leaving her flat broke. This is my push to get her out of her comfort zone and to become a TRAVELLER and claim her stake in LFC. (Beltstrike Adventure)

My girlfriend originally wanted a dramatic non-violent adventure but has recently decided that she wants her character to be more bad-ass. My plan is to have her lose every fight she gets into at first and come back from her travels outside of the Imperium as one bad-ass chick and performer.

----------

She is currently on her way to the Counts mansion to meet the other girls and guys from the dance company for the big party. Many other nobles and celebrities will be there. Brilliant gowns and swimwear will be provided by top designers onsite.

Single girls will be paired with single gentlemen for their introductions. All of the single girls want to be paired with Brad Beckham the ultra famous gravball athlete and movie star.

This should lead to a further point of conflict between Sophia and Tzara but I could use some pointers as to how to pull this off, preferably including a catfight.

Assuming I can arrange a catfight, Sophia will totally get her ass kicked as Tzara taunts her, calling out the dance/ballet moves she uses on Sophia as combat moves.

----------

During her travels to and from Sonara to claim her LFC prize I plan to have the following adventures and encounters:
* One crowded hour
* Hijacking
* Stranded on a planet due to civil war
* A murder mystery aboard a liner
* Having her kidnapped

----------

What I need your help with are ideas while she is still in the Regina subsector performing as a singer and dancer.

I especially need ideas on playing up the rivalry between her and Tzara.

She has yet to encounter Weymon Savilian. I could use some ideas on introducing him too.

Reading the Character and what you got so far, the only thnig I could think about would be:

An Evening Soirée that turns bad -theft, bad seafood, murder mystery etc.- I kind of have the image of the 1st Pink Panther (1964 with P. Sellers, where 'the Phantom' tries to stell the jewel), or Clue for a murder mystery.

A car "Accident" (staged by either of her rival/enemy) to get her out of the way.

Space pirates!!! As she travels/perform on a Cruise Liner, it is boarded by pirates. Realising they have a fair prize with her, they take her onboard of her ship and make her perform for "her life". Really the pirates are big softies (think "Stardust" or "Princess Buttercup") and takes her under his/her wing. Could be an interesting new career to add to hers.

Boneguard said:
Reading the Character and what you got so far, the only thnig I could think about would be:

An Evening Soirée that turns bad -theft, bad seafood, murder mystery etc.- I kind of have the image of the 1st Pink Panther (1964 with P. Sellers, where 'the Phantom' tries to stell the jewel), or Clue for a murder mystery.

A car "Accident" (staged by either of her rival/enemy) to get her out of the way.

Space pirates!!! As she travels/perform on a Cruise Liner, it is boarded by pirates. Realising they have a fair prize with her, they take her onboard of her ship and make her perform for "her life". Really the pirates are big softies (think "Stardust" or "Princess Buttercup") and takes her under his/her wing. Could be an interesting new career to add to hers.

Thanks!

I like the accident idea. Perhaps she is on her way to a charity event when the accident happens. She falls unconscious. She wakes up and there is a holovid of her memorial service where they are saying she is dead. The adventure can focus around her trying to get pronounced alive again, discovering a larger plot, her needing to trust her paparazzi enemy since he is the only one that believes her and in the end stopping an evil crime syndicate that is involved in human smuggling that one of the members of her charity was secretly involved in.

Phantom of the opera style intrigue. A manager at a club goes missing, character goes to investigate, but rival tries to block her progress.... Somethings not right here....
Trace the missing manager to a scum district apartment... drug dealers etc.
Perhaps she could woo her way in and gather information before walking out and leaving the scum blue balled.
Info points to the rival, who turns out to have been blackmailed by hivers. Always those damn hivers!
But who are the hivers working for, and why did they abduct the manager? Turns out manager was a zhodani on the run from SORAG, and the hivers were contracted by the zhodani government!

Boneguard said:

I'm going to go with a murder mystery at the ball she is attending.

Thanks for the idea about the car crash.
I am going to have the paparazzi guy actually stage the crash.
When she's banged up and semi-conscious she'll wake to him taking pictures
and even reaching in the car to 'adjust' her clothing!
He will probably start out by having some kid throw paint on her
then after a series of ever more threatening incidents, work up to the car crash.
In his apartment he will have a 'shrine' of her.
If she does enough investigation, she will discover that he has done this a few times before.
His last victim was killed by one of his staged photo ops but the murder was never pinned on him.

Solomani666 said:
then after a series of ever more threatening incidents, work up to the car crash.
If she does enough investigation, she will discover that he has done this a few times before.
His last victim was killed by one of his staged photo ops but the murder was never pinned on him.

And all his 'victims' had the same basic looks.

Might get to the point where he's planting cameras in her place.

spidersrepublic said:
Phantom of the opera style intrigue. A manager at a club goes missing, character goes to investigate, but rival tries to block her progress.... Somethings not right here....
Trace the missing manager to a scum district apartment... drug dealers etc.
Perhaps she could woo her way in and gather information before walking out and leaving the scum blue balled.
Info points to the rival, who turns out to have been blackmailed by hivers. Always those damn hivers!
But who are the hivers working for, and why did they abduct the manager? Turns out manager was a zhodani on the run from SORAG, and the hivers were contracted by the zhodani government!

Great idea, but did I neglect to mention that this her very first Traveller character
and her first time playing a RPG?

AndrewW said:
Solomani666 said:

And all his 'victims' had the same basic looks.

Might get to the point where he's planting cameras in her place.

Great idea!

One of her friends will point to the Tri-D and say, "Look Sophia, you're dead!"

It will be a news story about an actress, that looks just like Sophia, dying in a ground car 'accident' one jump away.
It will have pictures of her just before she died, with her naughty bits blanked out.
Her creepy encounters will start soon after.

Solomani666 said:
Now I could use some help with ideas on her rivalry with Tzara...

Tzara hires a look-alike to ruin her reputation?

Maybe Tzara feels it's because of her looks that Sophia got some position they both tried for, so has cosmetic surgery to make herself look more like Sophia?

Thinks she should have everything Sophia has? (tries to steal away her boyfriend, employees, gigs and so on, depending on what Sophia has).

Back