Narn Web Supplement

hiffano said:
Celisasu said:
I think I like your Raid and Battle level Narn better than I like the official game's Raid and Battle level Narn. :lol:

The Patrol and Skirmish are nice too. I wouldn't automatically chose them over existing ships, but I would consider them, especially if I know in advance who I'm playing(they seem to be more useful against some races and less useful against others).

The scenerios look like they'd be a lot of fun too. Haven't played them, but they look very promising.

<nitpick mode>But I see spelling errors! Is this some sort of non-official suppliment?!! Oh wait. It is. And it's still in vastly better shape than SFOS. </nitpick mode>

Anyways, good job! Hopefully someone can convince Mongoose to make some of these into official ships.

the spelling errors were on purpose to make you feel like you were reading an official book. . . nah, my bad, I have seena few myself as I have re-read it, i'll get round to correcting them and uploading a new copy eventually.

Mate, you still did a sterling job :)

Celisasu said:
I think I like your Raid and Battle level Narn better than I like the official game's Raid and Battle level Narn. :lol:

The Patrol and Skirmish are nice too. I wouldn't automatically chose them over existing ships, but I would consider them, especially if I know in advance who I'm playing(they seem to be more useful against some races and less useful against others).

The scenerios look like they'd be a lot of fun too. Haven't played them, but they look very promising.
Thanks, I wanted to keep the ships balanced and not too weak and not too powerful, the same with scenarios. Enjoy

Excellent work there guys!

I wanted to write a campaign myself about the Narn war of independence but lack the background info to do so.

My only nitpick would be that many of your pre 2230 Narn ships are armed with pulse cannons, which were in fact developed after the Dilgar war, but that aside a very, very good piece of work! :)

emperorpenguin said:

I wanted to write a campaign myself about the Narn war of independence but lack the background info to do so.

My only nitpick would be that many of your pre 2230 Narn ships are armed with pulse cannons, which were in fact developed after the Dilgar war, but that aside a very, very good piece of work! :)

From what source of info, did you get that from?

Reaverman said:
emperorpenguin said:

From what source of info, did you get that from?

B5 Wars, the RPG factbooks, A Call to Arms itself....

meh, nothing is perfect, as stated in the FAQ, I found 4 different dates for narn independance, hey ho. As long as it is still fun to play, who cares :)

hiffano said:
meh, nothing is perfect, as stated in the FAQ, I found 4 different dates for narn independance, hey ho. As long as it is still fun to play, who cares :)

as I said a minor niggle, the whole package is great :)

Yeah, you guys did a great job I feel on balancing the patrol and skirmish ships. Can't say on the Raid and Battle ships because while they're stronger than the norm for the Narn, I've often complained that Narn suffer at Raid and Battle level due to having below par ships. Slightly below par at Battle, and noticably so at Raid. So a balanced ship should be better than what already exists. :D

In regard to the Raid ships, the G'Koth is a ship already out there ( but I gave it a little more speed to fit is description). the Dag'Kur is similar to the Dag'kar and shares its strengths and weaknesses. The Rothan sits there solidly as usual, I wanted to give the Ronkar the feeling of being the test bed for the e-mine as its stated in the fluff for the Rongoth, which in turn makes the Dag'Kar what it is now - a superior vessel to the Dag'Kur. With regard to the Battle level ships, the T'Voth was similar to the T'Loth but had some bonuses to make up for its raise in priority level, i.e a non boresight main weapon, command stat and a few more AD on its secondary weapons. In regards to the G'Konn it has reasonable weapons and the pre-cusor in beam weapons and although it is not as strong as the G'Quann it fits in to the period as its originator.

Great work on the supplement! Only thing I can find missing is the initiative bonus for the Narn fleet of that period. Is it intended to be +2 as the 'contemporary' fleet?

Back