My Ship cards

Bubba Ho-Tep

Mongoose
I know there are others working on similar projects, but I thought I would throw my hat in the ring. Here is what I am working on. I am planning on doing them all with the various rules sets, i.e. one for ACTA Revised, one for SFOS & one for Armageddon of each ship. I have sized them down so 4 will fit on 1 8 1/2x11 sheet, takes up less space that way. I also plan to put what rule set it is for at the top. What do you think?

SharlinWarCruiserB5ACTACard.jpg

I notice you have the Crew as a numerical fraction (66/9) and check boxes. However, for the damage there is only the check boxes. I didn't know if you want balance... if it slipped your mind or you just ran out of room... but it's the only thing I noticed.

Aside from that, it looks great. Organized, precise and clean. What I like best is that the weapons are arranged per fire arc, as opposed to each system. It's easier to choose targets when you arrange them by fire arcs, otherwise, an absent minded person like myself could easily forget to shoot with a weapon... and chances are better that it would be a big one... like aNeutron Cannon.

check again maye, left hand side, partway through the text... damage number ;-)

Yellow Beard hiffano said:
check again maye, left hand side, partway through the text... damage number ;-)

Heh, well, I feel sheepish :oops: . Anyway, it can't hurt to have the bubbles next to the numeric fractions, can it? I'm just trying to save myself...

Otherwise, I have no complaints. Good job.

Yeah, Pixekgeek and I had a go at this a while back. Thats primarilly why I decidedto go that route this time.

The best way to see if your format will work is to try to make the card as crowded as possible. I suggest try making cards for the Bin'Tak, Poseidon, and a space station (try making 1000 of those little boxes)

Chernobyl

Chernobyl said:
Yeah, Pixekgeek and I had a go at this a while back. Thats primarilly why I decidedto go that route this time.

The best way to see if your format will work is to try to make the card as crowded as possible. I suggest try making cards for the Bin'Tak, Poseidon, and a space station (try making 1000 of those little boxes)

Chernobyl

For the Big ones I will probably go to half page, I just know that full page ship sheets are too big. I should have something up late this afternoon. I have also toyed with the double-sided idea.

If it was me, I'd have the damage and crew stats (w/bubbles) at the bottom of the top window. Kinda like you did in the original. I think it looks better down there out of the way and also side by side. But that's just this newbie's opinion.

:)

Yeah, The damage/crew stats and bubbles should be on the bottom. Looks cleaner.

I do like them over all.

Perhaps the Crew quality and Name could be blank so they can be more easily written in?

I agree with Tredrick and Zeph. It looks cleaner when all the big things (the ones that divert your eyes) are at the bottom.

Great job though. It is pretty amazing you can fit the Bin'Tak... we'll see about the Armagedden class ships. You might need a few cards...

That's what I am waiting on. I have decided to wait until I get my Armageddon book and then go from there. I'll post a new one as soon as I get it. Unless one of you gents wants to send me the stats for the largest ship in the book. :D

Back