My Pathfinder Quandry

Which Paint Job

• WW2 Ambush Scheme (Right)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black OP Scheme (Left)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OK i have my pathfinders all put together, but now i have a prob, how to paint them???

so i have done two in the colours i'd like to do and i'll put it up as a vote to see how they go.

WW2 Ambush on the right
Black OP on the left (i like this one tis easy to paint)

pathfinders_2.jpg

pathfinders_1.jpg

since everyone's saying black I'll say WWII ambush sceme or whatever you called it. It just looks cool. Though there's nothing wrong with black either.

I'd say black, you have pulled it off better. The black has highlights whereas the WW2 camo style really doesnt. The WW2 camo looks less good, and is harder to do, fancy that :) . Do whatever you wish, but personally, the black looks better.

I picked the WWII scheme but that's because I think it will look better if you hit them with a drybrush of light tan. The pattern is too specific at the moment but with the lighter drybrush effect on top of it the camo will really pop. I like the black but everyone is doing the black. Just my thoughts.

o with the camo, its different, and when painted well camo looks good on the board. Black is just to common.

I'll always vote for the "different" option so I say go for the camo!

Just note thatcamo takes FOREVER to paint up if you are aiming for show/display quaity since you have to highlight and shade based on the patch of color you happen to be working on at the moment...and all those patches of color change an awful lot in most schemes. I honestly think a display or competition quality camo scheme is one of the toughest feats for a mini painter to undertake.

If you get worked up and try to do one really good display model in camo (not that there's anything worng with tabletop quality, mind), for sake of sanity I recommend keeping you big patches of color fairly large, shading them, highlighting them, and then go over everything with your lines and dots that are intended to break up a soldier's outline. Even if you want to do more big patches of color over your initial pass, having a "basecoat" of shaded/highlighted patches helps with the look tremendously.

G&T

Back