My early/3rd age Earth Force Fleet (lots of photos- comming)

BenS

Mongoose
Here is the history and theme behind my fleet and some photos (coming once I can remember my photobucket account :roll: )

The painting isn't good at all but I did it a few years back when I had money and didn't care. Now that I have no money the models mean a little more then chess pieces to me so I'm planning on repainting or starting a new fleet (I want 2 fleets so I can play with mates).

Anyway without further ado:

Russian Federation Armed Trade Corporation

The Russian Federation Armed Trade Corporation or the RFATC was formed by Russia and its allies soon after serious colonization began from earth. The Corporations chief aim is to protect the unarmed civilian and trade ships of the Russian Federation however this has extended to most human and neutral shipping within Earth Force space.

Formed upon Military lines the Corporation uses older ship types then that of the current military however it has acquired a few of the new classes which are the pride of the fleet. As with all trade based companies the potential of new trade lanes and natural resources has meant the Russian Federation has sent a taskforce to colonize and control as many of the unknown strategic resources as possible for future profit.

Task Force Ushakov

Task Force Ushakov is the third largest RFATC fleet in active service and accounts of 15% of their total fleet. It is formed by 2 Hyperion Squadrons a Nova squadron and an Avenger Carrier ably supported by fleet tender vessels as such the Hermes, Olympus and Artemis classes. The Flagship of the fleet is the Admiral Golovko the only Warlock class cruiser in the entire RFATC.

Rear-Admiral Fyodor Fyodorovich Ushakov is the commanding officer of the Taskforce and led a distinguished career within Earth force commanding an Hyperion and an Omega during the Shadow War, being promoted to Commodore and given command of Strike Group Orestes during the dying stages of the Shadow War and formation of the ISA.

Within the RFATC Admiral Ushakov is a noted and influential member of High Command and is expected to become the Chief of RFATC within the next 5 to 7 years. Ushakov’s executive officer is Commodore Dmitri Petrovich Maksutov who has always worked within the Russian Federation. A young and charismatic individual tales of his exploits in protecting his convoys and striking at Raider nests have meant his name is spoken with awe within the Trade fleet.

The fleet was joined at the last moment by another squadron which was patrolling Gas mining fields on a nearby system led by Commodore Mikhail Lavrov. Lavrov was originally a fighter pilot and is still known for his maverick streak which is popular with the fighter pilots within the fleet but a cause for concern amongst his peers.

I use the Commodores as commanders in 5battle point games or less. They don't actually do anything ingame but I like the narrative behind them. I do use the admiral in larger games mostly because I only have about 8 battle points of either Early or 3rd Age. I can't actuallly get to 10battle points without combineing the two.

Unpainted I have another Orestes and 2 more Saggies plus an unbuilt Omega.

My fleet list:

Sorry this is such a bad photo I'll take a new one soon
EntireFleet.jpg

1 Warlock
Warlock1.jpg

Warlock2.jpg

1 Omega

Omega.jpg

1 Avenger

2 Orestes
OrestesandAvenger.jpg

2 Novas

NovasandSag.jpg

Nova2.jpg

4 Hyperions

HyperionSquadron.jpg

Hyperion345closeup.jpg

2 Olympus

OlympusGunships.jpg

1 Artemis

ArtemisandPatrolclassvessels.jpg

3 Saggitariuses
2 Tethyes
2 Hermes
26 starfury flights
4 tunderbolt flights

yea just wish I'd been neater. When I eventually do get around to repainting them I'm going to keep the red scheme but will create a little more variation in the reds and increase the highlighting up to yellow/white. Similar to the highlighting on this;

20062008593.jpg

20062008591.jpg

haha i do have ship names they're all based on current or old Russian navy ships. My characters are all based on Russian Admirals. I didn't see the gallery thread until after I posted this. Is it worth it to double post it?

The Admiral Golovko – Warlock Class Advanced Destroyer,

Simferopol – Omega Class,

Doblestny – Avenger Class Heavy Carrier,

Rastoropny – Hyperion Class Cruiser,

Razumny – Hyperion Class Cruiser

Rezky – Hyperion Class Cruiser,

Ryanny – Hyperion Class Assault Cruiser

Kronshtadt – Nova Class Dreadnought,

Bessmenny – Nova Class Dreadnought,

Grom – Oracle Class Scout Cruiser

Varyag – Olympus Class Corvette

Tashkent – Olympus Class Corvette

Yastreb – Artemis Class Heavy Frigate

TK 12 – Hermes Patrol Transport,

TK 17 – Hermes Patrol Transport,

R 122 – Tetheys Patrol Transport

R 130 – Tetheys Patrol Transport

Well I don't know much about the true Russian fleet I just went and chose names that seemed cool and weren't too alike.

Back