Multiple Resilience Rolls in Combat?

iamtim

Mongoose
Say your character is being ganged up on by a grip of Broo. Let's say that he takes negative total HP in both arms and one leg because all the Broo critted and rolled max damage, and your character is unarmored.

How many Resilience rolls will you have to make to not die/remain conscious? One each en toto? Or one each per wound?

iamtim said:
Say your character is being ganged up on by a grip of Broo. Let's say that he takes negative total HP in both arms and one leg because all the Broo critted and rolled max damage, and your character is unarmored.

How many Resilience rolls will you have to make to not die/remain conscious? One each en toto? Or one each per wound?

I would think one per wound.

I would resolve the resilience test as soon as the damage is done, so attack 1 is resolved, resilience roll is made, attack 2 is resolved, resilience roll made, attack 3 is resolved, resilience roll is made.

I would also feel very sorry for your hapless example character, and hope he fails his resilience rolls. I would not want to be concious for what comes after being dimembered by Broos. :cry:

Rurik said:
I would also feel very sorry for your hapless example character, and hope he fails his resilience rolls. I would not want to be concious for what comes after being dimembered by Broos. :cry:

Yeah, this would be one of those instances where a piece of mercy would be in order; I would expect the rest of the example characters, fleeing on horseback, to turn around and fire an arrow with a precise shot at the poor sap.

Rather he die by friendly fire than at the perversities of a handful of Broo.

Rurik said:
I would resolve the resilience test as soon as the damage is done, so attack 1 is resolved, resilience roll is made, attack 2 is resolved, resilience roll made, attack 3 is resolved, resilience roll is made.

That makes sense.

Yeah. It is also possible that he might drop after the first or second hit and not suffer further attacks if there are other potential targets in the area (=fellow adventurers).

GbajiTheDeceiver said:
OK, let's say it's not Broos.

I'd guess a cumulative -5 to Resilience for each wound beyond the first would be OK, and just make one roll.

But unless the wound occur at exaclty the ssame tinme, the character would probably have dropped after the first hit or two. An all at once approach is probably goona kill off more PCs.

Back