MRQ1 to MRQ2 conversion

AxeMurder

Mongoose
I wrote up this quick conversion guide for MRQ1 -> MRQ2 characters.
It does not include Spirit Magic (since that didn't work in MRQ1 anyway) or Sorcery

Skill Conversion
Basic Skills
Acrobatics: If above base: Add Dex, move to advanced
Athletics: No change; also subtract dex, add siz to become brawn; also subtact dex, add con to become swim
Boating: If above base: Add Con, move to advanced
Dodge: Subtract 10, add Siz, add Dex, becomes Evade
Evaluate: Add Cha
First Aid: Add Dex
Influence: Subtact 10, Add Cha
Lore(Animal/Plant/World): Add Highest to Lore: Own-Region, add 30, becomes Lore(Regional-Own] and Culture(Own)
Others: If above base: Add Int, becomes Culture(Other), move to advanced
Perception: No change, also becomes Insight
Persistence: Subtact 10, add Pow
Resilience: Subtract Pow, add Con
Riding: No Change
Sing: Add Pow
Sleight: Add Cha
Stealth: Subtact 10, add Siz, add Int
Throwing: Add Unarmed, add martial arts, becomes Unarmed

Weapon Skills
If above base: Convert to a Weapon Style (if Ranged to Ranged add Dex)
Ignore Unarmed (Dealt with in Basic)

Advanced Skills
Artistic Expression: Becomes Art
Courtsey: No change
Craft: Add Dex
Dance: Add Cha, move to basic
Disguise: Add Int
Engineering: Add Int
Healing: No Change
Language: Add Cha
Lore(Own Region): Remove (dealt with in basic)
Lore(Theology): Add Pow
Martial Arts: Remove (dealt with in basic skills)
Mechanisms: No Change
Oratory: No Change
Play Instrunament: Add Dex
Shiphandling: Add Con
Survival: Subtract Int, add Con
Tracking: Add Con, becomes Track

Magical Skills
Pact: No Change
Runecasting: Add Highest with amount above base for all others, add 30, becomes Common Magic

Thanks for this Axe.

There is an 'official' version in the works. It'll include an errata and clarification (and the emphasis on clarification) section too, so the weapon handedness (which you raised on another thread) will be tackled there

Not sure when it will be available for download, but the Conversion notes should be ready in the next week, depending on other pressures.

Noticed a couple other issues:

Wielding 2 weapons grants an extra combat action, with no limitations on its use (unless I'm missing something) so having a weapon in your off-hand lets you run further and cast spells more quickly.

Along with the weapon handedness what category do the discus and sling go in?

AxeMurder said:

Wielding 2 weapons grants an extra combat action, with no limitations on its use (unless I'm missing something) so having a weapon in your off-hand lets you run further .

Movement is measured per round - not per CA, so you don't get to move further if you have two weapons.

and cast spells more quickly

That's not strictly true: a Common Magic spell costs half Magnitude rounded up in CA to cast. It doesn't happen any faster, but having two weapons, or weapon and shield means that you gain an additional CA as well as being able to cast a higher Magnitude spell - but that reflects a character's general readiness and defensive advantage.

Along with the weapon handedness what category do the discus and sling go in?

They're both single handed ranged weapons, but each have their own style.

AxeMurder said:

Wielding 2 weapons grants an extra combat action, with no limitations on its use (unless I'm missing something) so having a weapon in your off-hand lets you run further and cast spells more quickly.

In MRQ1 I am pretty sure that the bonus for a sheild or extra weapon was specifically for attack or defense only. So if you have 3 CA and a sheild, you still have only 3 CA's for movement, casting, etc. I will play it the same way in MRQ2.

Back